Esta oferta de empleo ya no está activa.
The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
Ask anyone at GE Appliances and they’ll tell you they work with some of the best people in the world – people who would excel anywhere, but who choose to work here. Why? Because they thrive on challenges. Because they take pride in our products. Because they relish the chance to work alongside other extraordinary people.
GE Appliances (GEA) is looking for a motivated Appliance Service Technician to conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances. At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you.
Here are some benefits on joining our team!
• Service van
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, etc.
• Specialized tools
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays (Up to 12 days)
• Uniforms and work boots
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
Appliance Service Technician (Brooklyn, NY)
USA, Brooklyn, NY
USA, New York City, NY
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances.
- Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to many repair locations.
- Record all activities related to repairs, routes, and other activities.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values.
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
- Operate van with unwavering attention utilizing methods from Smith Defensive Driving and/or other safety programs.
- Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
- Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high quality service
- Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
- Prompt and regular attendance
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Be willing to obtain CFC Certification within a reasonable time. Applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i. e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, GC, Plumbing may be used to qualify
- Ability/experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Proven good communication skills
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Have verifiable, stable work history
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information
- Flexibility to work variable hours, including overtime
- Successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen
- Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
- Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
- Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. pushing/pulling is required
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach at shoulder level, reach at waist level, bend, push/pull, grasp, pinch, and fine motor/manipulations skills.
- Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee and floor levels, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, twisting, neck flexion/extension/rotation, shoulder circumduction, and laying supine
- 2 years of trade experience in electrical, mechanical, customer service, HVAC, or Appliance repair
- Permit to work in USA as full-time employee
- 6 plus months of experience with Refrigeration repair
- Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications
- CFC Certified
- Certification in appliance repair or Associates' degree preferred
GEA is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants can perform essential job functions. From time to time, GEA implements new physical demands right after applicants began the hiring process. In these instances, GEA will apply the updated physical demands when making hiring decision. If necessary, GEA will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm. GEA will employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.
“If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and you need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]”.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]