Sr Supplier Quality Engineer - Metals
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-13221
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr Supplier Quality Engineer - Metals
This Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) will own all aspects of global supplier relationships and technical processes which impact the Cost of Quality (COQ) to GE Appliances. This person will be tasked with measuring, preventing, reacting and enforcing key processes and procedures to manage suppliers both reactively and proactively with minimal supervision. These tasks include owning initial selection and qualification of suppliers, continuous improvement and development throughout the life-cycle of the supplier, cross-functional support for all related programs, and triage problems using your expertise to drive permanent solutions.
What you will Do
Manage and develop a portfolio of suppliers to execute on key quality strategies:
- Build expertise in metals processing technologies and secondary operations which may including: stamping, casting, roll forming, extrusion, and or coatings.
- Operate in a matrix organization including: Technology, Manufacturing, Service, and Sourcing.
- Initiate and lead the 9-step process with the use of Lean/Six Sigma tools by partnering with Technology to identify, understand and abate issues for NPI and C changes.
- Conduct Critical Part Risk Reviews related to system performance, reliability or quality.
- Lead problem definition and reactive problem solving through containment, identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Drive ownership and accountability of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Lead business and technical surveys with Sourcing and Technology teams to assess supplier capabilities and make business recommendations.
Lead supplier improvement efforts:
- Conduct on-site assessments, identifying necessary corrective actions and tracking improvements to closure.
- Perform annual quality audits to monitor supplier QMS (Quality Management System) compliance and effectiveness.
- Manage new supplier certification process.
Support business level cost out initiatives:
- Lead qualification of alternate sources for mitigation of business risk, including capacity, Transfer of Work (TOW), and commercial advantage.
- Lead cost reduction efforts for assigned supply base.
- Utilize LEAN manufacturing concepts to improve supplier processes and deliver cost savings.
- Ensure supplier compliance with all safety and regulatory guidelines.
What you need to Succeed
- Possess an Engineering or Technical (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Have a minimum 5 years’ Supply Chain, Quality and/or Technical experience in manufacturing environment.
- Have a strong background in applying statistical tools for process and product development and control (i.e. Gage R&R, Process Capability, Control Plans, SPC, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOEs)).
- Be skilled and experienced with reading and understanding prints, dimensions and tolerances. Thorough understanding of GD&T.
- Be experienced with problem solving tools and techniques (i.e. 8-D, 5 Whys, 7 Ways, DOE, Fishbone, Pareto, Six Sigma).
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25%.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate the leadership to influence and drive change within a highly matrixed organization.
- Have experience with metals manufacturing processes such as stamping, casting, roll forming and extrusion, coatings, and finishes.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, manage and implement aggressive project plans.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex information and prepare concise executive summaries.
- Prior international work experience & multi-lingual (Chinese, Spanish, etc.)
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma certified (Green Belt, Black Belt or Master Black Belt)
- Prior Experience with Oracle ERP system (AGILE, EBS).
- GEA training program graduate.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social