Maintenance Technician II - Tool & Die
Decatur, AL, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-13376
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
Maintenance Technician II - Tool & Die
Join the GE Appliances team in a high-energy, production facility environment. This is an essential manufacturing maintenance position supporting our appliance operations. The position will work under the general supervision of the Maintenance Leader who assigns work, sets priorities, and provides overall direction and guidance. This role will provide assistance and work with other skilled maintenance personnel to provide preventive maintenance, and ensure equipment reliability & uptime in support of safety, quality, delivery, and meeting cost objectives.
What you will Do
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity.
- Installing/upgrading, and calibrating equipment.
- Tig, and Mig welding, and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials).
- Provide assistance with troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical/mechanical equipment and pumps.
- Help with conducting and performing preventive maintenance as required.
- Completing shop records and use reporting systems following established procedures
- Reporting to and performing other tasks established by the Maintenance Manager or designee.
- Adjust manufacturing equipment and testing machinery for accuracy.
- Using a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow policies and practices and improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost including, but not limited to: use of all required personal protective equipment, following safety precautions (e.g. LOTO), and ensuring machine guards and safety features are working, and identifying and reporting unsafe working conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or GED equivalent, AND
- Seeking a registered apprenticeship program that includes work and post- secondary learning, OR
- Associates Degree in Tool & Die, Machinist or similar technical degree with 1 or more years of relevant work experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment, OR
- Equivalent trade school certification with 3 or more years of tool and die repair experience, OR
- Technical training with military service and 5 years' experience in maintenance in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Ability to change shifts and work overtime and weekends, as necessary.
- Minimum 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed drawings and prints.
- Mig, Tig, and SMAW (stick) welding certification required or ability to obtain.
- Experience in the trade of tool and die mold repair with a strong mechanical background.
- Experience running mills, lathes and precision surface grinders.
- Plastic injection molding equipment experience, and progressive metal stamping and pierce die experience.
- Knowledge of valve gates and repair methods.
- Must be able to use a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
- Dependable; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment, including but not limited to scissor lifts, JLGs, fork trucks, etc.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Constantly wearing personal protective equipment
- Must have annual medical clearance for respirator usage
- Frequent standing and walking with occasional sitting
- Frequently lifting/carrying various parts – up to 64 lbs.
- Occasional pushing/pulling – up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent grasping, squeezing, pinching and fine motor dexterity with both hands
- Frequent reaching overhead, at shoulder level, below the waist, and at floor level
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting and pivoting
- Frequent ladder and stair climbing
- Frequent squatting and kneeling
- Frequent neck twisting, rotation and extension
- Must be able to access required areas pertaining to job including, but not limited to: foam rooms, chemicals, high noise, and other areas of the plant
- Must be able to work in a loud/noisy environment
- Must be able to work at heights and outside in all weather conditions
What you need to Succeed
- Proficient in at least two other complementary skills (electrical, electronic, welding, millwright, hydraulics, PLCs, HVAC, etc.)
- Prior experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience working with pneumatic, hydraulic, and basic mechanical systems
- Knowledge of Robot operations and programming
- PLC experience, and understanding of PLC logic, performing minor editing and programming changes
- Experience working with the following electrical diagrams: PLC logic, process flow diagrams, instrument flow diagrams and/or P&ID drawings
- Experience working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Analog and digital AC/DC drive systems, pneumatic/hydraulic systems
- Experience working with electrical tools, test equipment and instruments used in industrial plant applications
- Technical certifications
Candidates seeking Apprenticeship
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary technical degree related to position
- Will work 40 hours a week and attend school on unpaid time outside of normal working hours
- Eligible to apply and use GE Appliances Tuition Reimbursement benefit to cover the tuition cost
- Successfully complete each Alabama Maintenance Apprentice (AMA) training with a C or higher
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social