USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Selmer, TN
Job Posting Title
Plant Sourcing Lead – Refrigeration - REMOTE
The Plant Sourcing Lead – Refrigeration manages product cost within the GE Appliances’ Refrigeration product line to drive profitability, cost improvements, and margin optimization for the product line. This person will support Business Change Requests. Additionally, this role will collaborate with New Product Introduction (NPI) program managers and teams to drive profitable and on-time execution of Refrigeration NPIs.
What you will Do
Oversee the identification and achievement of product cost-out objectives, closely partnering with Technology, manufacturing, product management, supplier quality. Understand the entire spend for the Product Line, down to every part and every cost.
Drive direct material cost reduction through supplier leverage, e-bid/request for quote (RFQ), part consolidation/standardization, etc.
Balance consumer experience curve with features. Understand commercial landscape for the product and engage with commodity buyers and suppliers to explore innovation ideas to drive margin optimization; provide feedback to product line
Perform competitive-cost analysis and make vs. buy analysis. Work cross-functionally to execute insource/outsource projects.
For assigned buy specific to the product line: develop supplier strategies, negotiate, and ensure purchase orders are issued on time. Evaluate all opportunities for cost out.
Conduct product teardowns with Technology to evaluate product competitiveness; identify opportunities and drive improvement projects.
Ensure suppliers can meet long term GEA demand. Understand GEA factory demand and supplier capacity of parts
Understand and monitor supplier risk and involved in strategy to respond to risk concerns
Address systemic, long-term delivery issues due to long term capacity issues or supply constraints
Proactively solve issues constraining attainment of 95% In-Stock Rate
Represent sourcing interests as a member of Change Implementation Board (CIB) and on Business Change Requests (BCR)
Participate on Product Council reviewing model changes/introductions (Multi-Generational Product Plan) and address supply chain issues proactively
Solve issues associated with service part supply, develop and drive strategies with buying teams to resolve/mitigate concessions due to part availability and drive sourcing PO's to be set up in a timely fashion
Mentor team members to ensure flawless execution on all key metrics
Collaborate with NPI programs and NPI PPMs, helping drive program launches at or below committed costs. Work with NPI PPMs to identify potential follow-on projects and cost-out targets.
What you need to Succeed
· Bachelor’s degree, required
· 3 years experience within Sourcing and/or relevant experience within supply chain, program management or commodity management (Leadership Programs included), required
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
· Exceptional communication skills and demonstrates ability to effectively influence
· Proven supplier management, negotiating, influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Demonstrated business acumen, possesses sound analytical and organizational skills
· Solid team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and effectively incorporates input from various sources
· Professional oral/written communication
· Excellent problem solving and collaborative skills to develop and implement business strategies cross-functionally and globally
· Demonstrated team player with a passionate initiative to win
· Change agent with excellent facilitative leadership and problem-solving skills
· MS Excel and database expertise
- If you are remote, the travel requirements will entail some travel during the first one (1) month; you will need to travel to our Louisville, KY headquarters for 1 week, and Selmer, TN for 1 week
- Moving forward, each month would require approximately 20% travel: 3 days in Louisville and 3 days in Selmer, TN to accommodate important Product Council dates, project launches, sourcing team meetings, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.