This job posting is no longer active.
• Engage in and lead problem-solving for production area. Lead root cause identification of problems, implement appropriate countermeasures, and share across as best practice (yokoten).
• Live, promote and teach the Appliance Performance System philosophy and lead continuous improvement.
• Partner with Shop Operations personnel to promote and support a team that reacts aggressively to factory inefficiencies.
• Continuously identify and work to reduce waste in the area.
• Work cross-functionally with Team Leaders, Kaizen Promotion Officers, Shop Operations Managers and Lean resources on short term and long term improvement initiatives.
• Implement related countermeasures on manufacturing line(s) (kaizen activities).
• Implement Poka-Yoke work methods, and develop workstation aids to assist in operator job performance.
• Support the Shop Operations teams in the planning and execution of work area re-balancing utilizing Yamazumi charts.
• Assist Shop Operations to ensure 5S tools are in place for the area (i.e. shadow boards
• Ensure Manufacturing Control Plan (MCP) is executed and adhered to within production area.
• Maintain process-level standards/procedures.
• Adjust, monitor and document technical processes, including deviations, MCI, MCP via BCR process.
• Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to quickly address and solve production line issues
• Partner with Quality and Operations teams to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Scrap, Yield and Quality metrics. Root cause problems to determine what is causing failures and implement appropriate countermeasures.
• Monitor process, data & reports on a daily basis and drive the resolution or escalation for any defect.
• Act as a resource to Team Leaders in the creation of Standard work.
• Support Job instruction method by reviewing and verifying Job Instruction forms.
• Serve as the primary troubleshooting resource for the process in the plant. Consult with maintenance staff on equipment repair.
• Monitor and work to improve Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) in the area.
• Recommend equipment and tooling for existing process; consult and sign-off on new purchases when applicable.
• Audit Preventative Maintenance plans to ensure compliance and maximize equipment uptime.
• Consult with Maintenance Business Leader on the maintenance action item list and/or priorities for the area.
• Monitor and ensure the calibration of all equipment.
• Manage and maintain special tools for the area (i.e. ensure spare tools are in crib, tool drawings in place, facilities hand-off).
• Provide feedback on equipment specifications (Gray Book content) based upon best practices and lessons learned.
• Coordinate with Advanced Manufacturing Engineers on equipment purchases & qualification.
• Provide the "voice of the plant", giving feedback on lessons learned and plant preferences.
• Interact with Design Engineers/Technology organization on model changes for manufacturing line set up.
• Review product prototypes and concepts for manufacture-ability.
• Provide feedback to the NPI team on capacity, impact on operator and process stability/sustainability.
• Participate in product test runoffs.
• Interface with vendors and Original Equipment Manufacturer suppliers, along with Facilities Engineer, to learn maintenance requirements and equipment troubleshooting. Distribute information and knowledge.
• Update manufacturing control documents, floor & workstation layouts. Work with Team Leaders on Standard Work and Job Instruction creation.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.