USA, Austin, TX
USA, Little Rock, AR, USA, New Orleans, LA, USA, Oklahoma City, OK
Job Posting Title
Senior Area Sales Manager-Air & Water (South Central)
GE Appliances’ Senior Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for all Regional sales activities in the South Central region of TX, AR, LA & OK including but not limited to the prospecting, recruiting and on-boarding of new HVAC &/or water heater Pro Distributors necessary to achieve Regional business goals and supporting the growth of existing distributors. The candidate will manage all aspects of the customer experience, increase sales to achieve budgets, and collaborate with national account teams and 3rd party rep firms to execute an overall region sales growth plan.
What you will Do
- Position located in the South Central region with a strong preference for a major city market
- Sell the entire portfolio of GEA Air & Water products to new and existing customers including national and regional distributors and pro and mechanical contractors
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities to grow the territory
- Execute and achieve all sales and margin operating plans
- Develop and customer specific programs and marketing support strategies to drive profitable sales
- Prepare and deliver training and product presentations, driving the GEA Air & Water value story
- Track and be accountable for sales metrics with available reporting and analysis tools
- Resolving customer issues in a timely and accurate manner, establish credibility
- Manage the Region’s Manufacturing Rep(s) in an effective and accountable manner so they properly represent the authorized products and essentially earn their commissions.
- Travel required to customers within territory
What you need to Succeed
- Minimum of five (5) years outside sales experience.
- Competitive and winner’s mentality with a ‘never-give-up’ attitude and tenacity to devise solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous Plumbing or HVAC industry sales experience, vendor or distributor
- Experience in developing and implementing sales territory growth plans
- Proven ability to build strong long-lasting relationships with customers, management, and peers built on credibility and trust.
- Proficient communication, presentation, organizational and negotiation skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.