USA, Louisville, KY
Other AZ US, Other CA US, Other CO US
Job Posting Title
Director Air & Water Solutions, Pro Channel Sales-West Region
The Sales Director, Western US will be responsible for leading a team of experienced sales professionals that covers the Western part of the US. The candidate will own all A&W channel management decisions and have responsibility for the development and execution of all sales strategies necessary to drive profitable growth that meet business objectives. This leadership role will have direct influence over the Area’s profitability and other strategic sales decisions. Also responsible for talent recruitment/advancement, costs control, and the development of relationships with customers throughout their sales Area. Additionally, the Director will lead the recruitment, selection, and contractual and commission negotiation efforts of Manufacturer Rep firms for the Area.
This role can be located in PST, MST, CST time zone.
What you will Do
- Develop Area goals to achieve/exceed share, margin and price objectives.
- Grow, develop and maintain all customer relationships.
- Develop and execute local market strategies
- Select, manage, and drive Pro Wholesale Distributor growth plans
- Oversee the Hospitality segment Air & Water product growth plans for GE Appliances
- Balance the distribution and sales coverage of GEA sales managers & Manufacture Reps
- Direct involvement with the development or modifications of all pricing plans needed to drive profitable growth to the Region.
- Work with Exec Director for Air & Water Solutions Pro on programs and account plans
- Lead, Coach and Develop Area Sales Managers.
- Recruit, select, train and lead a field sales team: responsible for performance management including compensation, rewards, recognition, and feedback
- Experienced in production and sales forecasting, longer lead and bid project work
- Coordination and allocation of product training, service training, and trade show events
- Provide industry and competitive market intelligence, as well as product feedback to GEA Air & Water product microenterprise teams
- Prefer position based in Western US, larger airport cities for necessary business travel
What you need to Succeed
- Minimum 12 years of sales, sales leadership or relevant business experience
- Experienced in Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, or Water Treatment industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or related discipline.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, resilient energy, high motivation and proven customer focus.
- Approximately 30% travel is necessary and required
- Led a team with direct report responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Plumbing, Heating, Air, or Water business
- Proven Sales Management and Marketing experience.
- Ability to train, develop and motivate a sales force.
- Proven analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- Experience with Manufacturer Rep firms and knowledge of relationships
- Executive level relationships with Pro Wholesale Distributors in the area
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.