Brush Booth Operator
Camden, SC, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-13577
USA, Camden, SC
Job Posting Title
Brush Booth Operator
The Brush Booth Operator will report to the Tank Fab Manager of the facility and have responsibilities for brushing ports and inspection. In this role, the Brush Booth Operator will perform brushing applications on tank bodies to ensure the highest quality product is being delivered to our customers and perform other tasks and projects assigned by the Tank Fab Manager.
What you will Do
- Comply with all safety, quality, and procedure requirements noted in the applicable work instructions.
- Support projects to improve processes, gather data for analysis repairs and address enamel port failures.
- Operate in a LEAN manufacturing environment and provide feedback to management on resolution/ improvement ideas of current issues.
- Inspect all ports after brushing each unit.
- Ensures that the Brush Booth area is organized and maintains housekeeping,
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Tank Fab Manager and Zone Leaders.
- Identify quality issues and assist to resolution of issues with the production team.
- Operate hand tools (manual and automatic) for occasional and extended periods of time such as brush drills.
- Physical and visual inspection of product is required to prevent non-conforming goods.
- Correctly reports all quality defects to the appropriate team members and shift leadership.
- Verifies the brushes are changed at time intervals and are in good condition for production.
- Assist in running dry cycles and commit to making quality parts as a priority.
- Must wear proper PPE at all times and follow safety instructions, such as wearing N95 mask at all times.
- Supporting associates and supplementing the group’s labor force as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities that Tank Fab Manager may assign.
What you need to Succeed
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must possess the interpersonal skills to communicate in a fast-paced manufacturing environment effectively.
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various assignments.
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to walk/stand throughout the entire shift without the need to sit down.
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Physical working conditions:
- Wear safety attire or proper PPE daily.
- Usually work indoors. All areas may not be temperature controlled.
- Physical demands of the position include: Bending, stooping, twisting, lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling Handling and lifting of parts or materials – minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social