• Integral member of NPI Program teams, taking supplier materials ownership of program from concept to launch within the current plant material processes.
• This individual will represent the larger materials commodity business teams and support effective implementation of the program.
• Communicate program details between the program team and the larger supplier materials organization.
• Leverage Strategic Suppliers’ expertise early in NPI process to streamline program cost, materials, and time metrics.
• Manage materials activities with key supply base interactions and drive early supplier engagement on critical value streams for the program.
• Develop and help execute the program strategies required for execution of the program including developing new suppliers and managing significant changes to our current supply base.
• Develop and manage schedules supporting program milestones and requirements for supplier tooling, packaging, transportation, systems setups
• Track supplier process development through entire implementation process
• Track and address any supplier materials issues through the launch of the program and into production. Validate that all program deviations have been closed or have appropriate action plans with CBT ownership.
• Lead resolution of all issues impacting materials and schedule (program timelines).
• Lead and support Sourcing Reviews in the NPI process and provide leadership in resolving related issues.
• Support Supplier Business and Technical surveys as required.
• Work with scheduling team to ensure forecasts and orders are showing and accurate in the system.
• Ensure suppliers can meet short and long term GEA demand. Understand GEA factory demand and supplier capacity of parts. Understand and monitor supplier risk and involved in strategy to respond to risk concerns.
• Work with sourcing and materials for BPA creation and subsequent schedule creation for suppliers.
• Proactively work through supply chain start up issues and ensure stable part deliveries from suppliers.
• Coordinate packaging design through cross-functional support from sourcing, quality, and materials.
• Calculate returnable packaging systems needed for steady state and ensure order, build, and delivery meet the NPI timing.
• Ensure logistics flow from supplier to line are accounted for and understood by all impacted parties.
• Work with Operations, Lean, and Materials Engineer to ensure seamless transition at the workstation with delivery method and work station design.
• Develop metrics and project tracker for NPI projects impacting Materials in AP5
• Responsible for material readiness for trial builds and parts management up to production launch including seamless handoff to the planning and handling teams.
• Coordinate material readiness with project team, scheduling, operations, material planning and material handling to meet implementation deadlines.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.