USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Commodity Buyer – Semiconductors - REMOTE
You will be responsible for semiconductor or Integrated Circuit (IC) sourcing and year over year cost reductions within the sourcing team. This role will report directly to the Director of the Electronics.
In this role, you should have significant experience and knowledge of procurement practices for developing commodity strategies, supply chain planning and leveraging competitive quoting to obtain best market price. As the Sr. Commodity Buyer, you will drive supplier performance relative to cost, quality, delivery, and be responsible for strategic alignment with key stakeholders (Business Unit Managers, Quality and Technology.)
Within the role you will work with the various product lines to understand short and long term demand of critical IC's to support and drive long term commodity strategy. You will have responsibility for developing relationships with key third party distributors and brokers.
What you will Do
· Define long term demand profile for semiconductors and ICs
· Capacity planning with key products manufacturers
· Developing and monitoring effective supplier evaluation criteria
· Maintaining quarterly supplier business unit reviews as applicable
· Annual cost reduction negotiations
· New Product Introduction sourcing strategy and execution
· Collaborating with the engineering team to align on long term technical goals and incorporation of technology roadmaps into the category strategy/commodity business plan
· Ensuring continuous supply to GE Appliances
What you need to Succeed
- 5+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Business, or related fields
- Contract management and negotiations skills
- Experience in working with multi-cultural teams
- Up to 20% travel required for domestic and/or international travel to affiliate sites and suppliers
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.