USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Environmental Health & Safety Co-op_Spring 2023
The Spring 2023 EHS Co-op rotation begins January 9, 2023 until May 5, 2023.
This position is located in Louisville, KY. Housing and relocation assistance is available.
GE Appliances, a Haier company is looking for highly motivated safety or environmental students to join our Supply Chain/Manufacturing co-op program on the EHS track. Jumpstart your future in a co-op program that will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills, and follow your interest in manufacturing and operations. Our co-ops gain real world manufacturing experience to help them compete for full-time direct hire positions after graduation. Supply Chain EHS co-ops have the unique opportunity to participate on committees at Appliance Park that focus on recycling, volunteerism, & social events. Our co-ops will also have the opportunity to network with leaders in the business and attend various professional development sessions.
Co-ops will work in GE Appliances operations supporting dishwasher, laundry, refrigeration and cooking products as well as supporting the plastics center of excellence. Assignments are in a variety of disciplines within environmental, health, and safety. GE Appliances co-ops work in a team environment to complete projects and/or duties designated by their assignment leader.
What you will Do
- Set goals & objectives for your co-op rotation with your assignment leader
- Lead teams across multiple levels of the business through influencing
- Use initiative to find and develop process improvements
- Assist your team with development and execution of project ideas
- Develop and demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving
- Develop and administer various audits
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Set regular feedback sessions with your assignment leader
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: mask or face shield, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
What you need to Succeed
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor’s degree or better in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Sciences or similar degree program
- December 2023 or later graduation date
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States now and in the future. GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Previous Co-op/Intern work experience
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership roles on campus or in the community.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving, initiative, strong communication skills, effective team skills and coursework or related experience in their major field of study.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.