Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-13752
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
In this role the Financial Analyst will partner with Contract Channel Sales and Operations teams (specifically Regional sales teams) to translate concepts, develop strategy and create financial models that are responsive to market needs and integrate well with GEA profitability metrics.
This is a hybrid role, allowing you the flexibility to work from home and in the office.
What you will Do
- Serve as primary Finance contact to our Regional account operating teams (150+ person organization with associated revenue > $1.5B). Responsible for a variety of reporting, ad-hoc analysis, & proactive communication.
- Own the programing, estimates, and tracking for sales backside spend (inclusive of various customer rebates & co-op advertising).
- Assist in the development of territory specific operating plans for Area Sales Managers.
- Enhance business partnership through periodic financial reviews with operating teams. Proactively communicate financial risks / opportunities.
- Drive financial planning cycles including the annual operating plan. Work cross-functionally to establish Customer/PL/Brand profitability assumptions as well as development of regional targets (incl. SG&A).
- Assist in the development of quarterly closing packs, monthly commentary, & recurring reporting.
- Month-end closing responsibilities including P&L review, Actual vs Plan/PY/FC, Misc. Journal Entries and reclasses, and account reconciliations.
- Financial ownership of additional incentive plans (development of targets, tracking performance, communication of results & associated payouts).
- Partner with cross-functional teams on items impacting regional financial performance.
- Drive Oracle transition as liaison between Finance & DT. Define reporting needs, help sculpt requirements of new processes, ensure data integrity, etc.
- Provide periodic analysis of earnings releases for key customers & competitors.
- Special projects as needed from Sales & Financial leadership.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- Minimum 3 years of Finance or prior P&L experience
- Strong leadership skills & ability to engage and influence others
- Polished communicator with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- High level of analytical skills and ability to succinctly relay findings
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently while consistently delivering results
- Strong technical skills (Excel, ad-hoc data queries, etc.) required
- Knowledge of internal systems (Microsoft Office, Tableau, Oracle, Hyperion)
- EFDP graduate
- MBA or CPA preferred
GEA Finance Competencies and Skill Level Needed:
- Financial Management - developing
- Operational Execution - developing
- Business Partnership - developing
- Controllership/Risk Management - developing
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social