Sr. Metrology Engineer - NPI
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-13929
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Sr. Metrology Engineer - NPI
As a Senior Metrology Engineer - New Product Integration you'll support the Metrology Team to shape the strategy and lead the integration of dimensional management practices into the GEA new product integration process.
What you will Do
- Support NPI programs as the metrology Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Leverage 3D metrology tools and processes to enable better decisions through visually rich data sets.
- Responsible for steering a robust metrology strategy across NPI programs to leverage the 3D metrology tools and processes to streamline part, assembly, and tooling qualification.
- Assist with identification of preferred metrology strategy and best practices early in the program to ensure robust inspection hardware, software, and gages are in place for pre-pilot.
- Support cross-functional team sign-off on part datum features, inspection method, fixturing scheme, and inspection points early and up front in the program to deliver built-in quality and best-in-class fit, feel, and finish.
- Support root cause analysis of build fit-up issues throughout the program.
- Leverage 3D metrology tools to push fast root cause analysis, and to study and validate parts, tooling, and equipment thought the product development process to achieve world-class quality and craftsmanship.
- Guide the Off-Shore PolyWorks Inspection team and develop streamlined processes in support on NPI qualification needs via Scan or CMM.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring for engineers related to the application of dimensional management and 3D metrology.
- Support the development and growth of a robust dimensional data management systems.
- Define and release in GEA Quality Management Systems.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing standard work and Manufacturing Quality standards related to the application of dimensional management and 3D metrology.
- Promote a culture of innovation and learning through development of new measurement technology, processes, and external collaborations and benchmarking.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with Metrology Engineering or Dimensional Engineering.
- Experienced in 3D metrology and model-based inspection methods using CMM, structured light scanning, laser, CT x-ray, or measuring arm.
- Experienced in conducting dimensional analysis of parts and assemblies using 3D metrology data from scanning, CMM, using Polyworks inspection software or similar.
- Experience using inspection software such as PolyWorks, GOM ATOS, or similar.
- Experienced in automotive quality processes including applying and leveraging the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process per the AIAG Standard.
- Knowledge in part and assembly modeling using PTC Creo and Windchill PLM.
- Experienced reading, interpreting, and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5 GD&T Standard.
- Experienced the application of model-based definition, interpreting and defining inspection routines using GD&T based MBD annotations.
- Proficient in working with digital tools and CAD-based digital engineering software.
- Self-starter, innovative, eager to develop and implement new dimensional engineering tools and practices.
- Sound communication skills, ability to coach and mentor engineers in new tools and processes.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social