• Define strategy level architecture and ensure service designs adhering to standards, principles, and governance processes
• Work independently to develop E-commerce sites on BigCommerce or any other Strategic platform
• Migrating websites from other eCommerce platforms to BigCommerce/E Commerce platform
• Proactively offer solutions to complex technical problems & Technical Requirements
• Integrating third party and platform supported apps in the sites
• Develop a roadmap for implementation and rollout of B2B, B2C applications or solutions on Big Commerce/any other strategic platform.
• Setting up payment integration, shipping methods and taxes in BigCommerce platform
• Optimizing page speed of BigCommerce Sites
• Implement appropriate design / integration patterns to promote code re-usability
• Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse and participate in code review practices to ensure secure and good quality of the deliverables
• A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Work with the product owner/customers to determine business needs, identify system requirements and foster strong customer relations.
• Manage the implementation of solutions/applications by external vendors and system integrators.
• Proactively offer solutions to complex technical problems
• Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
• An ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time
• Monitor web analytics and utilize research to recommend improvement to our web strategy
• Build an automated DevOps delivery model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environment
• Mentor & guide other developers in the team.
Required Technical Skills
Java/ReactJS/ NodeJS/PL/SQL, Unix, integration middleware tools
Required Qualification & Experience
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• Overall 5-8 years IT experience and ~3 years of BigCommerce/any eCommerce experience in eCommerce website development & custom apps migration to BigCommerce
• Full stack engineer, server side)/Frontend UI/Cloud provisioning
• Experience with integration of Gateway APIs and third-party libraries
• Expert level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework
• Knowledge of SOAP, REST, SNMP APIs, and experience with relational databases such as Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL
• Hands-on experience in ReactJS/ Java/NodeJS/PL/SQL, Unix, integration middleware tools (SOAP & RestAPI) & develop microservices and knowledge of Network administration, security protocols, permissions, and system configuration
• Experience in HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Style sheets, React JS, foundation framework, AJAX, and REST services
• Experience with creating and publish REST services
• Exposure to Microservices architecture
• At least 3 years' experience with cloud-based SaaS development
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
• Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
• Any eCommerce certification (preferred)
• AWS/Google Certification (preferred)
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.