USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Manufacturing Management Rotational Program
The Manufacturing Management Rotational Program is an 18-month program made of three 6-month rotations (Assembly Operations Manager and Support Operations Manager, Materials Manager, or Technical Operations Manager). After all rotations are completed, individuals will move into a role a manufacturing leadership role.
Individuals will develop these competencies in Production & Material Control, Quality, Manufacturing Processes & Lean, Environmental Health & Safety, Financial and Coaching & Team Engagement.
What you will Do
Manufacturing Operations: Provides support to the value stream Business Leader by leading the operational and improvement activities of an assigned production area within the value stream. (30%)
- Direct Reports include Team Leaders & Hourly Production team members
- Responsible for operational performance and improvement of key metrics including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale. Align area metrics with overall department/value stream goals; organize resources to deliver on these metrics.
- Oversee the daily start-up of production area. Ensure line is properly staffed and manage staffing throughout the day; monitor expected and unexpected absenteeism. Review daily plan with Team Leaders.
- Ensure the Lean manufacturing practices and Escalation Process set forth under the Appliance Production System are followed and adhered to within the value stream manufacturing operations.
Continuous Improvement: Live, promote and teach the Appliance Production System philosophy and drive continuous improvement within assigned production area. (20%)
- Lead work team to react aggressively to factory inefficiencies. Drive problem-solving and root cause identification of problems for the production area. Engage all members of escalation team to address and resolve problems, ex. PIE, quality, facilities engineer, etc.
- Support the Business Leader in managing a cross-functional team (PIE’s, Team Leaders, Kaizen Promotion Officers and other Lean resources) to continuously identify and work to reduce waste in the area for both short term and long-term improvement initiatives.
Leadership & Administration: Provide active day-to-day leadership, work direction and support for a manufacturing team within a production area. (30%)
- Partner with site Human Resources team to ensure fair and consistent administration of all policies, work rules and processes.
- Oversee line staffing and allocate employees to cover absenteeism.
- Lead employee disciplinary investigation and action as appropriate. Partner with HR to conduct timely investigations when necessary. Complete accurate and thorough disciplinary records with supporting documentation.
Quality: Ensure the product produced on manufacturing line is defect-free and produced according to specification. (10%)
- Ensure all quality processes/standards are followed within assigned production area.
- Monitor quality issues on a daily basis and drives the resolution or escalation for any defect.
- Work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to address and solve production line quality issues (i.e. Team Leader, engineering, quality).
Safety: Responsible for the safety performance and metrics for the production area. (10%)
- Promote safety culture and ensure team’s compliance with safety rules and procedures, such as: PPE compliance, accident investigation within 24 hours, Safety Contacts and safe start participation.
- Lead and own accident investigation process to identify root cause and drive required corrective action(s). Log and close accident investigations in a timely manner.
What you need to Succeed
- High level of initiative, energy and motivation to develop & grow in a winning supply chain and manufacturing team
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- BS/BA degree required, ideally in engineering, supply chain management or business.
- Previous manufacturing experience, including previous co-op experience.
- Maximum of 12 months since completion of most recent degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and leadership influencing skills.
- Position supports 24/7 manufacturing facilities. Must have the ability to work any shift.
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- GE Appliances manufacturing and co-op experiences
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, supplier management or project implementation.
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work any shift and available to work weekends
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.