USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Demand Planning, Senior Manager
The Demand Planning, Senior Manager is a key driver in creating and managing the true customer/consumer demand signals by which the organization aligns Supply Chain and company resources. This is a critical role in the S&OP process, as revenue and supply plans leverage this information to make key decisions. The demand planner utilizes data insights, customer collaboration, forecasting models, and technology to improve forecast accuracy for the company. The Demand Planner also leads the efforts and coordination involved to create the demand forecast and work with other functional teams to develop a consensus plan, which will then be reviewed with the supply-planning portion of S&OP.
What you will Do
Lead the development of the GEA Demand Plan for each S&OP cycle
- Assess the impact of market changes or significant variances in the forecast and recommend appropriate revisions and tactics.
- Manage statistical forecast exceptions by to identify and fix potential issues.
- Collect past/future demand factors (distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products, promotion plans, competitive intelligence, etc) from sales and marketing and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and operations to understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and demand drivers can have on demand and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Effectively manage matrix of assigned customer forecasts and assigned product line forecasts to determine optimal aggerated and disaggregated forecasts
Deliver Sr. Executive level Demand Planning Reviews
- Determine and communicate forecast range, with consensus demand, potential upside opportunity and downside risk, to the supply planners.
- Develop, monitor, and communicate on changes and forecast accuracy to business unit and supply chain organizations, while driving continuous improvement.
- Measure, analyze and report key process metrics and monitor adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Drive critical conversations with Sr. Executives on key Forecasting decisions, business outcomes, and hold customers accountable to consensus forecasts.
- Teach/educate/coach/mentor stakeholders toward desired business outcomes.
Support Implementation of new Demand Planning Technology
- Use and maintain current demand-planning systems to create the best statistical forecast possible using established processes. Apply segmentation to determine best forecasting model to apply to various product segments and customer types.
- Familiarity with the standard demand planning system features, i.e. best-fit/what-if analysis, class/characteristic identification, aggregation/disaggregation, causal factors, etc.
Lead aggregate scenario planning across Micro Enterprises to effectively illustrate risks and opportunities for the business
- Lead modeling across business cycle and conduct ad hoc analysis to help drive ME alignment and consensus decision making across Supply Chain
- Coordinate data-driven hypothesis development and identification of critical variables
- Establish Fulfillment SOPs, tools, and standards for leading scenario analysis
Drive Continuous Improvement and Continuing Education
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Use Lean Tools: A3, Standard Work, Management Systems, Value Stream Mapping, 1x1 Problem Solving, Obeya, etc.
- Track & drive progress on key initiatives, including achievements, timelines, KPI's, sequencing, resource allocation, risk/mitigation, leadership touchpoints/approvals
- Must maintain outside industry recognized certification (TBD) and be a curious/avid learner- stays current on industry trends and best practices
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, finance, or scientific-related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant work experience
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional, transformational changes that impact multiple functions while making the right business tradeoffs. Data driven decision making skills.
- Proficiency using technology tools that enable demand planning, reporting and facilitates collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of finance, sales, marketing, and R&D functions in a consumer package goods business.
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes and related business cases for specific projects.
- Master’s degree in engineering, business or scientific-related field.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience, with at least seven (7) years within the Appliances industry (or equivalent consumer business) and three (3) years in a business leadership role.
- Experience/ certification in Six Sigma/ Lean, Value Stream Mapping and Visualization tools
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Up to 10% travel may be necessary for travel to plants, suppliers, etc.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.