This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Rapid City, SD
USA, Memphis, TN
Job Posting Title
ASI DT Inventory Specialist
Oversee all the activities in DT related to ordering, receiving, storing and distributing materials, equipment, merchandise, supplies and products.
What you will Do
- Inspect and sanitize returned equipment
- Track incoming equipment inventory
- Prepare and track new hire equipment shipments
- Prepare and track equipment replacement shipments
- Update inventory control reports
- Maintain count accuracy (digital and physical counting)
- Unload and inspect deliveries
- Dispose of obsolete equipment as directed
- Dispose of shipping materials, recycling when applicable
- Adhere to ASI Core Values, Health Ahead initiatives, Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to Succeed
- Work requires in-depth knowledge of GEA parts identification, products, processes, policies and guidelines plus computer and microfiche skills. Requires ability to research and analyze data. Normally acquired through high school degree or equivalent and six months parts experience plus three to four weeks on-the-job-training. Parts training/experience required.
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment.
- Excellent communication, spelling and punctuation skills a must.
- Good listening, probing, and questioning skills and strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with all types of customers in a professional manner.
- Effective time management (i.e. planning, organizing, multi-tasking and prioritizing).
- Data entry, typing and computer experience required. Windows skills a plus.
- Able to use a computer and other office technology
- Familiar with inventory management practices
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand and bend for long periods of time
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.