At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?GE Appliances is hiring a 3rd Shift Quality Leader FAB/FIN/ASM to execute operational and strategic efforts focused on product quality improvement. The Quality Leader will work to identify and eliminate the root cause of issues, manage a strategy for quality projects, and audit the Quality Management System (QMS) in an assigned manufacturing area. The Quality Leader must perform a full range of quality service duties to audit and manage performance to meet these organizational requirements.
• Lead & direct Quality Analysts to ensure compliance with the Quality Plan
• Manage the internal Quality Operating System to contain defects within the plant and lead to resolution, corrective action, and/or escalation
• Focus on problem-solving efforts of multiple teams to resolve the plant quality issues for both internal to the plant and supplier-focused issues
• Ensure processes and testing are performed according to the MCP/MCI/visual standards and data collected as prescribed
• Manage Quality team to ensure timely accounting and entry of rejects and scrap into the QA system
• Create and update standardized work for Quality roles at the plant facility
• Live, promote and teach the Appliance Performance System philosophy and drive continuous improvement
• Ensure the quality team executes and audits the factory floor quality plans
• Tools used: QSP's, MCP's, MCI and standard work forms, and Quality Manual
• Areas to audit: Changeovers, new operators, CTQ jobs, Priority Part jobs, test and repair procedures, embargo effectiveness
• Serve as a Level 2 escalation resource to quality issues
• Support Quality Tech’s, Shop Operations, Team Leaders, and operators on the resolution of issues such as acceptance standards, repair standards, and containment of issues
• Respond to alerts driven by factory nonconformity or parts being rejected or replaced
• Ensure the Quality team and Shop Operations are coordinating resources to address issues and investigated. Escalate as needed
• Initiate and release quality holds as necessary
• Maintain, update and create control plans and other supporting ISO documentation as well as electronic systems
• Attend daily escalation and production meetings and escalate critical defects
• Support countermeasures and escalate specification issues to address concerns
• Make decisions in times of differing opinions as to what is the appropriate standard
• Ensure corrective actions/closures and deviation process is followed
• Train and coach Shop Operations, Quality team, PIE, and ME to quality acceptance and repair standards as needed
• Monitor the internal Quality audits and product testing looking for negative trends that could lead to out-of-control and out-of-spec product
• Communicate trends, issue corrective action reports and escalate as needed
• Escalate and lead product containment as required
• Audit part compliance
• Identify issues and escalate to supplier quality for corrective action
• Attend quality reviews as needed
• Analyze scrap reports to make sure they’re entered and to identify things that need to be addressed. Provide technical support and guidance to troubleshoot, analyze and drive actions to improve process yields and reduce scrap using Lean Six Sigma
• Support and improve MCI/MCP process. Review and sign off
• Manage and prioritize the M&S account for quality
• Review all new CTQ's, Qualification runs, Approve drawings, and 1st piece acceptance in supporting NPI and MCTO activity
• Weekly updates on specific process improvements (4 block by process)
Roper Corporation is an affiliate of GE Appliances, a Haier Company.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]