Decatur, AL, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-14191
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
GE Appliances, a Haier Company is experiencing significant growth, which is creating over 250 quality jobs in Decatur, AL. We have an immediate need for a PLC Technician. We offer competitive pay rates, established/non-rotating shifts, a great work environment, comprehensive benefits, generous retirement plan, paid time off and for a limited time, you could receive a sign-on bonus when you join our team!
What you will Do
- Observes functioning of installed equipment to detect hazards, problems, and the need for service, repair and/or replacement of electrical, electronic and mechanical components.
- Identify, trouble shoot and program PLC devices and related logic
- Works with the Factory Information System team to enhance and develop applications.
- Discusses performance issues and improvement ideas with pertinent digital technology staff.
- Reads and understands electronic and electrical schematics; draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Performs as the site PLC trainer and maintains site PLC testing area.
- Must be able to check newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Recommends changes in circuitry of installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
- Analyzes and interprets data from solid-state motor drives and controllers scope meters and other troubleshooting equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to Succeed
- Application of Standards
- Digital Technology understanding with HMI devices and Networking infrastructure
- Continuous Improvement
- Formalization and Transmission of know-how
- Deployment and Monitoring of Key Indicators
- At least (5) years of experience within electronics field, engineering, maintenance or digital technology, or equivalent experience.
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent certification and/or experience.
- Must demonstrate proficiency of Allen Bradley and GE plc’s/controls/protocols platforms.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language for required document control, equipment operation, and supervisor/peer instructions.
- Must be able to work other shifts, weekends and overtime to complete work as needed.
- Employee must be willing to be on call to support production needs.
- Must have solid computer skills, with the capability to use email, compile reports and spreadsheets for parts and project tracking.
- Must be able to prepare technical reports for documenting issues/changes to equipment
- Must be able to manage projects for implementing changes and improvements.
- Employee is responsible for their own work and must exercise care and compliance of all established safety procedures.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social