USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Manager, Facilities Engineering
As a Senior Manager, Facilities Engineer, you'll provide technical support for the plant infrastructure (power, water, air, lighting, gas, etc.). You will manage projects related to electrical/mechanical support systems, building renovations and other infrastructure-related items to support manufacturing activities. Based on building needs, this role may be combined with manufacturing equipment support responsibilities. This position is located in Louisville, KY.
What you will Do
You will serve as the primary contact within the plant to provide technical support and consultation on the plant infrastructure and facility support systems. Provide technical expertise on plant layout, connections into/out of the plant, and in the troubleshooting of facility operational issues. Provides this technical support and expertise to Plant Operations across multiple shifts.
- Plan and support Preventative Maintenance Activities, capital projects and continuous improvement
- Facilitate operation of facility infrastructure in an assembly plant
- Identify root cause analysis of repetitive problems, troubleshoot equipment; develop and implement solutions.
- Plan and implement manufacturing process improvements that improve safety, provide needed manufacturing capacity that reduces scrap.
- Plan and implement new equipment upgrades, and replacements that improve Safety, provide needed manufacturing capacity, reduce scrap.
- Provide technical support/problem-solving and technical direction to assigned production departments.
- Monitor and assist plant minimize and control utility usage.
- Share information across assigned areas and shifts to ensure that adjacent members of the maintenance escalation team are provided with correct and timely information.
- Foster a positive relationship with the Maintenance team - coach, resource and promote a culture of accountability.
- Manage the other Facilities Engineers in the plant.
- Lead and support Level 2 troubleshooting, diagnostics and repairs.
- Act as the prime point of contact for coordinating with production and other affected support areas including on-call support as needed by the production team as well as leading and directing Skilled Trades Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for identifying and prioritizing major (chronic) maintenance issues with facility infrastructure and to initiate and develop action plans to resolve issues.
- Conduct investigations of critical failures and report findings.
- Document work completed to include remaining open items.
- Leave no temporary corrective action condition in place without a follow-up Work Order to bring a permanent repair.
- Work with contractors and Advanced Manufacturing Engineers (AME's) to ensure specifications are technically complete and support overall equipment strategies.
- Support as required:
- Infrastructure design and specification development
- Planning for integration into operations.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5 years' relevant experience in maintenance, mechanical engineering or facilities in an assembly plant
- Prior mechanical and electrical controls experience with PLC's, FANUC robotics and automation
- Broad understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural systems
- Previous Supervisory Experience and/or experience working directly with Production Operations and Skilled Trades
- Strong Leadership skills including interpersonal, facilitation, communication and team building skills
- Experience managing flammable/hazardous chemical processes. Including understanding gas detection and LEL (Lower Explosive Limit), fire triangle, flammability, flashpoint with explosion/fire potential, critical operating parameters and limits, safety systems and interlocks
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude, and excellent root cause analysis skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Proven Analytical and Technical Skills, including Lean and Six-Sigma tools.
- Skilled trades management experience
- Ability to implement long-term plans into day-to-day operations
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, as required.
- Solid Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft suite, software/programming and PLC)"
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree
- Prior electrical or mechanical experience
- Green Belt Certified
- 5 plus years supporting operations in maintenance
- Design/Tooling background is a plus
- Self-motivated - ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.