At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?GE Appliances’ Senior Area Sales Manager (ASM) for the Builder Channel is responsible for sales activities within assigned contract/builder accounts in the Southeast region, specifically the Raleigh market and surrounding areas. The ASM manages all aspects of the customer experience including quality and consistency of product delivery.
• Responsible for selling and promoting appliances to new and existing customers, builders, developers, and authorized distributors in the Raleigh area.
• Execute and deliver all sales and margin operating plan goals.
• Identify new business opportunities and develop marketing strategies to grow the territory with an awareness of potential channel conflicts.
• Build strong customer relationships through solution selling and resolve issues that arise.
• Analyze market and sales strategy.
• Analyze competitive landscape and determine opportunities.
• Develop and conduct sales training.
• Perform administrative functions to meet deadlines.
• Ability to cold call prospective accounts and turn the opportunity from a prospect to a purchasing account.
• Desire to work from a home office.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Qualified applicants must be willing to live in the sales territory
• Minimum of 5 years relevant sales experience or graduate of the GE Appliances Commercial Development Program
• Experience in developing, organizing and implementing sales plans that support business objectives.
• Ability to develop and strengthen customer relationships.
• Proven negotiation skills, must be tenacious at driving sales to obtain results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
• Must have a strong initiative and ability to work independently. Must be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• Cold calling sales experience preferred.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management as well as peers.
• Prior GE Appliances sales experience.
• 2+ years business to business wholesale contractor sales experience.
• 2+ years’ experience in appliance sales
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]