The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
GE Appliances (GEA) is looking for a motivated Appliance Service Technician to conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances. At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you.
Here are some benefits of joining our team!
• Company provided Service Van
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, starting Day ONE!
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• Company provided Uniforms and work boots
• Company provided Laptop computer and Smartphone
Appliance Service Technician (Puerto Rico)
USA, Carolina, PR
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs, including sealed system (high-side) in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances.
- Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to many repair locations as directed.
- Record all activities related to repairs and complete invoices and close calls, upon completion of the service call.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van.
- Operate van with unwavering attention utilizing methods from Defensive Driving and/or other safety programs.
- Promote and sell GE Appliances parts, accessories, including water filters, and other products.
- Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high-quality service.
- Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license
- EPA certification required
- State Department License required
- Technician's college license required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
- Ability to de-escalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
- Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time in a service van.
- Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment.
- Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 58 lbs., carrying 32 lbs., and pushing/pulling 28 lbs. is required.
- Constantly sitting, bending, grasping, pinching, fine motor dexterity, driving a motor vehicle (forklift/service van).
- Frequently standing, walking, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at waist level, reaching at floor level, stooping, squatting, and pushing/pulling.
- Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee, crouching, kneeling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, and twisting.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]