The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you. Here are some benefits of joining our team!
• Annual wage increases and uncapped incentive opportunities
• Service van
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
• Uniforms, work boots, and specialized tools
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance on DAY ONE!
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays
• Career Growth – ongoing education for those looking to expand their industry knowledge
Appliance Service Technician (San Diego, CA)
USA, San Diego, CA
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Conduct diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances
- Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
- Operate assigned service van to repair locations
- Record all activities related to repairs, routes, and other activities
- Attend trainings, meetings, and other events as required to expand and remain a knowledgeable expert in the repair industry
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high-quality service and meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Learn more by watching this video: https://video.digi-me.com/ge-appliances/jobs/technicians/appliance-service-technician/jv_GE-Appliances_1
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1+ years of experience with appliance repair, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, or property maintenance
- Ability/experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some Saturdays as needed
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license and successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen.
- Must have or be willing to obtain CFC Certification within 6 months.
- Wear uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
- Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
- Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. pushing/pulling is required
- 6 plus months of experience with Refrigeration repair
- CFC Certified
- Certification in appliance repair or Associates' degree preferred
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]