The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
As a Senior Facilities Engineer, you'll provide continuous improvement technical support for the plant infrastructure, conveyors, robotics, automation and process equipment. You will manage projects related to electrical/mechanical support systems, building renovations and other infrastructure-related items to support manufacturing activities. Based on building needs, this role may be combined with manufacturing equipment support responsibilities.
Senior Facilities Controls Engineer
USA, Louisville, KY
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Plan and support Preventative Maintenance Activities, capital projects and continuous improvement
- Facilitate operation of facility infrastructure in an assembly plant
- Identify root cause analysis of repetitive problems, troubleshoot equipment; develop and implement solutions.
- Plan and implement manufacturing process improvements that improve safety, provide needed manufacturing capacity that reduces scrap.
- Plan and implement new equipment upgrades and replacements that improve Safety, provide needed manufacturing capacity, reduce scrap.
- Provide technical support/problem-solving and technical direction to assigned production departments.
- Monitor and assist plant minimize and control utility usage.
- Share information across assigned areas and shifts to ensure that adjacent members of the maintenance escalation team are provided with correct and timely information.
- Foster a positive relationship with the Maintenance team - coach, resource and promote a culture of accountability.
- Act as the prime point of contact for coordinating with production and other affected support areas including on-call support as needed by the production team as well as leading and directing Skilled Trades Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for identifying and prioritizing major (chronic) maintenance issues with facility infrastructure and to initiate and develop action plans to resolve issues.
- Conduct investigations of critical failures and report findings.
- Document work completed to include remaining open items.
- Leave no temporary corrective action condition in place without a follow-up Work Order to bring a permanent repair.
- Infrastructure design and specification development
- Planning for integration into operations.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5 years' relevant continuous improvement experience in maintenance, mechanical engineering or facilities in an assembly plant
- Prior mechanical and electrical controls experience with PLC's, FANUC robotics and automation
- Broad understanding of electrical, mechanical, structural systems
- Previous Supervisory Experience and/or experience working directly with Production Operations and Skilled Trades
- Strong Leadership skills including interpersonal, facilitation, communication and team building skills
- Experience managing flammable/hazardous chemical processes. Including understanding gas detection and LEL (Lower Explosive Limit), fire triangle, flammability, flashpoint with explosion/fire potential, critical operating parameters and limits, safety systems and interlocks
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude, and excellent root cause analysis skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Proven Analytical and Technical Skills, including Lean and Six-Sigma tools.
- Skilled trades management experience
- Ability to implement long-term plans into day-to-day operations
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, as required.
- Solid Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft suite, software/programming and PLC)"
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]