The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
The Senior Attendance Representative is an integral role within the ASI team. This role administers compliance with attendance policies at ASI with a focus on consistency and continuous improvement. Tracking attendance points and providing managers with discipline documentation to issue to employees, in accordance with the ASI attendance policy
Senior Attendance Representative
USA, Rapid City, SD
USA, Memphis, TN
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Tracks key attendance metrics and administers overall attendance program including daily monitoring and tracking of warning notices and attendance points.
- Validates, creates documents, tracks progress, for employee warning notices, employee absenteeism, and leave (including but not limited to: unapproved absences, approved absences, jury duty, death in family, workers compensation, and other leaves, etc.)
- Research discrepancies with employee absenteeism, leave approval/denial claims, and related issues.
- Processes and inputs daily call outs.
- Conducts attendance discussions with hourly probationary and non-probationary employees, including those which involve employee inquiries, documented discussion, suspension notification, and termination review.
- Works within multiple software programs to research specific situations affecting attendance such as time, and attendance software, HRIS software, and other related media.
- Updates timecards and raise concerns as needed, including co-ordination and communication with payroll and HR Business Partner(s).
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and payroll transactions.
- Prepares reports.
- Gather data and ensure incentives, rewards, bonuses are submitted and uploaded.
- Works collaboratively with leadership to ensure fair and consistent attendance program.
- Creates and administers employee attendance communication.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all.
- Other clerical and administrative duties as required
- Drive ASI Cultural Values and the ‘way we work’, ensuring delivery of consistent quality performance and World Class Customer Service.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Possess a passion for data integrity, accuracy, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet critical deadlines
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a professional administrative role
- Outstanding customer service and resolution capability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to complete work accurately
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with web-based applications
- Flexibility and being an early adopter of change are a must
- Humble learner
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 2+ years work experience in attendance processing.
- Experience using Workday Payroll, Kronos or other payroll software
- Previous high-level transaction processing experience
- Prior experience working with Oracle HR database (Kronos) is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act), short term disability, and Workman’s Compensation.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]