The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
We are looking to hire a Director, Manufacturing Operations to be responsible for the overall performance, development and maintenance of the plant’s technical resources and capability (both equipment and personnel). This individual will be responsible for building the plant ME organization to include creating and standardizing processes and developing technical capability in our people.
Director, Manufacturing Operations
USA, Louisville, KY
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Establish and provide active leadership for an energized and integrated plant Manufacturing Engineering organization. Manage the factory Manufacturing and Facilities engineering teams as well as the factory Maintenance organization. Create key objectives and goals for each member of the team; organize technical resources to deliver plant metrics.
- Overall owner of all building facilities, factory production equipment, and tooling.
- Responsible for the current state of manufacturing capability and performance of the factory. Plays a lead role in implementing product changes on established platforms related to cost-out or blocked running changes.
- Partners with plant Operations team to drive improvements in equipment O.E.E. (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) as well as overall process improvements. Drive improvements in equipment availability, efficiency, and quality.
- Develop and oversee the preventative maintenance strategy for all factory equipment to maximize performance, minimize downtime, and impact to production schedule while driving optimal resource deployment.
- Work with the Operations and Lean teams to identify waste and opportunities to improve efficiency within the plants. Responsible for equipment, tooling, and process changes that are enablers for productivity and efficiency projects.
- Ensure factory planning aligns with product line future state. This includes Volume/Mix changes; New Product Introduction (NPI) projects; cost-out projects as well as product management long-term product changes. Responsible for creating what-if scenarios related to volume and product line mix changes leading.
- Provide factory oversight at NPI program reviews to ensure factory resources/strategy and NPI program plan/strategy are aligned. Work with NPI programs to ensure a transition/integration plan for new products is developed and factory resources are ready to receive the program at launch. Ensure plant technical resources exist and are ready to receive ownership of program equipment and tooling.
- Serve as a key member of the factory Change Implementation Board (CIB). Review all significant changes to the product/plant to verify change aligns to factory strategy, drives overall business benefits and factory resources are aligned to change to ensure smooth execution.
- Ensure all projects comply with EHS and ergonomic requirements; utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment/tooling/processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Own and manage the plant’s project deck (“Run the Plant” RTP funds) and spending plan. Coordinate with all plant departments to develop the annual spending plan and associated benefits/deliverables. Ensure projects align with both factory's current and future state needs and prioritize projects to drive all factory metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost).
- Work with Product Line AME Manager to coordinate key capital equipment projects requiring project AME and AQE resources.
- Champion, promote and teach Lean manufacturing principles including the use Appliance Production System within the factory process areas.
- Responsible for maintaining factory infrastructure and managing overall space allocation and utilization.
- Champion and provide for the mentoring/training of plant technical personnel. This includes plan Manufacturing, Tooling, and Facilities engineers as well as Maintenance personnel and Process Improvement Engineers. Collaborate across functions (AME, CPL, MFG) to develop plant technical capabilities. Ensure individual career coaching, performance feedback, and talent development. Recruit resources to fill team needs in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the Process Safety Management (PSM) systems to ensure safety, quality, and throughout protocols are followed and improved.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Bachelor's degree (IE, ME, or EE) or related fields.
- 7+ years in progressive manufacturing leadership roles managing operations and facilities.
- Strong operational plant finance background and understanding.
- Strong understanding of Union Relations and demonstrated experience building relationships with Union leadership.
- Experience managing large manufacturing and engineering projects.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, develop, grow and maintain a skilled engineering team.
- Fluent with Lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong communication skills – will be expected to communicate to all levels of the organization. From the plant floor up to executive staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive decisions based on the overall benefit to the company.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]