The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
Owns the quality initiatives on a new part, or NPI product design to set the factory up for sustainable long-term ownership and success. Manages problems utilizing APQP processes that requires independent problem solving and self-direction. Independently manages entire projects for a work area and executes/implements quality systems primarily on an NPI. Requires limited supervision and advanced knowledge of engineering/quality/product line. Very data driven, makes decisions based on the data. Based out of Louisville Ky with travel to Selmer TN as we introduce additional models, increased complexity, and increased volume with the goal of reduced Cost of Quality (COQ) metrics.
Advanced Quality Engineer
USA, Louisville, KY
USA, Selmer, TN
How You'll Create Possibilities
NPI Program Support:
- The role is to work with a cross functional team to implement a new part, product, or process, that is ‘turn-key’ sustainable with regards to quality at product launch for the factory to agree to and take ownership of executing.
- Launch new product and features with improved Cost of Quality (COQ) metrics from current production.
- Balance the communication between product design and manufacturing to ensure all issues get addressed with minimal surprises to achieve world class manufacturing goals.
- The role has minimal involvement with the day-to-day issues impacting current production but does require an extremely strong understanding of how the current processes work.
- Responsible for the NPI iP checklists (SI 900001S020P001_i Program Assessment) and completing/reporting out on Advanced Quality Engineering (AQE) responsible items prior to the reviews.
- Drive COQ improvements: scrap, factory yield, concessions, damage, service calls, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Quality, Manufacturing, LEAN, marketing, EHS, service, etc. teams.
- Provide technical leadership & in-depth expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement, and implementation of equipment & processes for manufacturing.
- Must work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program, and the business.
- Lead cross-functional team PFMEA’s to understand the risks of new part/process changes, ensure team agrees to the mitigation accordingly and is implemented prior to product launch.
- Interfacing with team leaders to develop job instruction and define what is critical. Define the jobs through standard work and job instructions.
- Responsible for executing drive/strip/torque studies on new joints to validate capable torques.
- Responsible for all QMS documentation including MCPs, FRMs, MCIs meeting or exceeding all ISO standards for the changes being implemented.
- CIB Site C-Change Support:
- Follow the same responsibilities and duties mentioned above for NPI programs, but also for new part/product PCTO related projects introduced at CIB.
- PPAP: Own the APQP process for newly introduced in-house manufactured parts, assemblies, and processes (SC4, SC5, & SC6 parts):
- Responsible for the PPAP of in-house equipment and parts primarily associated with a NPI without significant direction.
- Understand GEA technical drawings, both MBD/GD&T and linear dimensions, and ensure the quality plans established meet the drawing specifications.
- Independent part scanning and/or CMM, and caliper measurements may be required at times, although CMM tech additional resources are available to collect most measurements.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Leadership and effective communication experience in the definition, design, implementation and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes.
- Self-starter and influencer – metric driven and willing to work with cross-functional teams and hourly workforce.
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
- 3+ years hands on experience in manufacturing equipment and processes
- Computer literate and highly skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and others.
- Influencer and team player – drive quality metrics but willing to look at the bigger picture.
- Good communicator – data driven, makes decisions based on the data. Speaks up in meetings along with leading meetings with a strong passion for world class quality.
- Experience interpreting data to solve manufacturing problems.
- Proactive to seeing a problem and eager to drive an innovative sustainable long-term solution without significant direction.
- Previous experience with GEA Refrigeration Manufacturing or other appliance manufacturing systems
- Experienced using, programming, and interpreting CMM/3D scanning/metrology systems.
- Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in high volume manufacturing operations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification proficient with Minitab
- Experience in metrology / measurement systems, Polyworks.
- Proficient with understanding both coordinate and geometric GD&T drawings
- Business casual dress attire
- Primarily 1st shift work though some work on weekends and after hours may be required.
- 70% office leading meetings / scoping / planning / etc.
- 30% factory environment understanding the people / processes / troubleshooting / coordinating part qualifications / etc.
- This role is based in Louisville, KY but will require up to 40% travel to other locations.
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]