The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) will be a member of the AME Clothes Care Team. The AME will be responsible for managing and executing capital equipment and manufacturing process projects supporting primarily new product introductions (NPI). The AME will work closely with NPI program management, lean, quality, procurement, EHS, design and plant operations teams.
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Fabrication
USA, Louisville, KY
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Manage large capital equipment procurement projects including specification development utilizing GE standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation, and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the program metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: manufacturing labor plan (VLOH), equipment and tooling budgets and quality of in-house manufactured parts/product. Work with the program team to perform trade-off analysis on competing metrics if necessary and drive decisions based on overall business impact.
- Develop manufacturing processes, specifically for large metal enclosures fabrication, e.g. washer/dryer stainless steel baskets/drums, cabinet/enclosures, top enclosures, or similar. Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include Early Equipment Management (TPM), workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
- Apply and effectively manage the tooling and equipment design utilizing the GEA standard processes. Work with cross-functional team to develop Manufacturing Control Plans (MCP) and Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI).
- Work with EHS and the Advanced Industrial Engineer to ensure that equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this. Ensure material flow, workstation setup, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment is designed.
- Work with the product design team to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) is considered on part design.
- Collaborate with automation/robotics engineers to develop best/lowest cost applications and implementation of robotics.
- Drive innovation into the equipment design to ensure world class manufacturing processes, lowest life cycle cost and predictable product/process quality.
- Coach and train hourly operators, maintenance and technicians in equipment operation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS degree in Engineering or similar field, or equivalent technical/trade experience
- 2+ years experience managing capital equipment procurement projects, including specification development, equipment supplier selection, technical reviews, installation and qualification of equipment
- 5+ years hands on experience in manufacturing equipment and processes
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
- Good communication skills – will be expected to provide program report outs to cross-functional team
- Ability to make decisions and willingness to take ownership of complex projects
- Role will be located in Louisville with potential for significant domestic travel during program launch periods.
- Experience implementing highly automated, complex fabrication equipment for high volume operations.
- Automation integration
- Welding knowledge and experience
- Experience with implementing Lean process improvement in a manufacturing operation
- Prior NPI program experience
- GD&T knowledge and experience
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent) and AutoCAD
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]