The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
We are looking for a Director, Product Management to join our Clothes Care (Laundry) team. This role will be responsible for driving sourced product platform strategy and delivering profitability for the Clothes Care business. This role will own End-to-End execution of the products/services to achieve annual and multi-year growth targets for Sales, Margin, and Cash while improving our customer and owner experiences. You will be responsible for creating business cases for adjacent spaces and expanding third party relationships. This position reports to the Vice President of Clothes Care Products.
Director, Product Management
USA, Louisville, KY
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Execute product platform strategies and deliver profitability for sourced products. In addition to product-specific responsibility, the role will manage third party relationships as they pertain to the product line, Global Product Council participation, and Qingdao laundry team relationships.
- Execute multi-year product/service roadmaps, including digital and IoT multi-generation planning that align with the Clothes Care product business and total GEA Brand and cross-product strategies.
- Own the execution of new product introduction (NPI) programs and new Marketing Models across global teams and suppliers, including all product development activities from concept to final production
- Lead cross functional teams including Technology, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Commercial to deliver on NPI programs; including finalizing product specifications, technical and agency requirements, product approvals and agency listings/testing
- Collaborate with commercial teams to identify market needs and develop/execute the MGPD, plans and NPIs; including support of content development for digital uses, user manuals, installations guides, service manuals, spec sheets, omni channel advertising and selling, PR, and product-appropriate selling channels
- Lead team along with PSI manager and sales team to ensure product availability, meet inventory objectives and effectively manage product transitions
- Collaborate on market research and consumer insights that lead to owner-relevant product features, brand segmentation, and channel placement.
- Work with the training team to develop digital tools for product installation, product application, troubleshooting and service
- Support trade shows, Buying Group Shows, and customer events as coordinated with the Commercial Director and Merchandising Manager
- Support continuous quality improvement and change control via the PL Sourced CIB team as applicable.
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in areas of Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Quality, IOT, Operations or broad-based business experience, including roles of increasing complexity and responsibility
- Possess a strong product sense, with ability to translate consumer insights to product design, yielding successful product innovations which translate to winning product launches into consumer brands.
- Entrepreneurial style with a strong bias for action; you are effective at influencing while successfully delivering results.
- Proven track record as an effective change agent
- Results oriented; ability to meet and exceed commitments
- Demonstrated customer focus/growth leadership traits
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints on a subject, while also thinking independently on business challenges
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience in consumer durable goods or CPG company
- Exposure to operations and project management
- Strong facilitation, presentation and training skills
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]