At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?The successful candidate will be a technical member of a growing team leading product innovation, new technology adoption and cloud strategy in the IoT domain. The candidate will be working on IoT applications and should have an exceptional initial software engineering skill set. The successful candidate should be able to work autonomously, deliver on hands-on tasks and have a passion for automation and continuous improvement. The candidate should have a deep interest in programming and be able to translate business and user experience requirements into code.
• Deliver new capabilities through back-end Application development and driving value attainment for consumers
• Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation, validation and support for critical IoT applications/frameworks
• Participate in developing and implementing capabilities for the Appliances IoT application landscape
• Build Cloud products, platform modules, and maintain existing codebase ensuring stability, reliability, performance, flexibility, and capacity
• Comply with industry best practice for system implementation and technical architecture standards
• Plan, develop, size, design, implement and test platform artifacts
• Hands-on engineering of difficult and complex sections of the application
• Be versatile to work in an Agile and DevOps working culture
• Deliver solutions using (but not limited to) the following technologies: Java, AWS services, Linux, Jenkins, HTML, & Git
• Produce detailed documentation for the applications and modules that form scalable applications
• Follow best practices for maximum code reuse, testability, application integration, performance, reliability, manageability and security
• Assist development of re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
• Work on a high velocity team that is expected to deliver solutions in a few weeks from concept to delivery
• Take an automation first approach to streamline processes
• Assist with incident response, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution.
• Perform software upgrades and installations as required in support of cloud strategy and business priorities
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]