At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?This Role is responsible for ensuring EPM modules/functionalities are operating to ensure smooth business financial, budgetary, and FP&A reporting. They will also own the digitized FP&A analytical transformation that requires a holistic understanding of data and analytics technologies and trends to deliver finance analytics to inform planning and forecasting, helping businesses in decision-making in the Finance Planning & Analytics (FP&A) space.
• Requirements gathering, designing, documenting, testing, deploying, and Maintaining EPM, HFM, Planning & ARM Applications.
• Create, manage & maintain metadata data creation accuracy in DRM & Essbase.
• Create, manage & maintain metadata governance rules related to Chart of Accounts Dimensions, Entities, Scenarios, and Custom members across all EPM Applications.
• Design, create and configure HFM, Planning, FDMEE objects such as rules, Mappings, Data Grids, Task lists, and Web forms.
• Design & Develop Solutions on EPM applications/artifacts such as business rules, calc scripts, reports, and rule scripts.
• Own & Drive activities such as metadata and data loads, data conversion, consolidations, eliminations, and reconciling data
• Own & Drive project activities such as requirement gathering, design, development, testing, migration, and deployment
• Own and drive Work with vendor on product issues and bugs
• Mentor, Coach and assist with providing training to end-users, Subordinates & New Resources in the EPM area.
• Own and drive the preparation of key deliverables such as requirement/design documents, test plans/cases, training materials, and administration guides.
• Leverage knowledge of other EPM modules such as Essbase, DRM, ODI Windows batch, Shell, VB, and Python scripting to build the appropriate design/solution for Infrastructure Design, Right Sizing of Servers, and scalability of Infrastructure.
• Guide, Coach & Mentor about Key financial accounting concepts, GAAP rules, and monthly close and consolidation rules for EPM Team Members.
• Own and Participate in the design, development, and implementation of new system functionalities to power users and end-users and provide training.
• Recommend and develop practices that drive more consistent and efficient processes based on work with key stakeholders.
• Provide training on HFM, Planning, and Essbase applications to end-users
• Own & Manage the development and maintenance of web forms, data grids, task lists, and other templates.
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable change management processes and procedures including internal controls
• Own & Drive Maintenance of the Development, QA, and Production environments including preparing system documentation
• Own & Assist in the revision of historical reporting for changes in organizational structure
• Own & Assist in the preparation of data for, and review with, external and internal auditors
• Design & Develop and maintain application artifacts such as business rules, calc scripts, reports and Rule scripts, windows batch, Shell, VB, and Python Scripting.
• Root cause analysis & Troubleshoot data and user-related issues with the EPM application. Proactively ensure clients receive an accurate and efficient resolution to problems. Track the issues and manage SLA s of Incidents, tasks, and service requests.
• Own & Assist in periodic DR testing, SOX related activities and maintain proper documentation on all administration-related processes.
• Own & Coordinate b/w Infrastructure teams & business Owners and conduct system-related patching activities.
• Own & Drive upgrades of Hyperion EPM-related patches to resolve any open bugs & new functionality.
• Has to work with a global team (including contractors and vendors), working alongside individuals that are new in their career to those that are greatly respected on the business side, navigate the need to direct, listen, & influenc
• Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 10 year’s experience working in EPM Suite.
• Possesses deep functional expertise in Finance Reporting Specially HFM, Planning, ARM, DRM, FDMEE, Essbase, ODI etc.
• Sound knowledge of Reporting & Planning.
• Hands-on experience designing, modifying, supporting, and analyzing EPM Suite
• Experience reviewing and implementing Module Setups documents
• Leading Contractors and coaching Junior resources
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task across multiple projects and global teams
• Work effectively with technical peers and business partners
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including, design discussion, proof of concept/prototype analysis, and process design documentation
• Hyperion Essbase Certified Expert
• FDMEE administrator experience preferred
• Working on the Hyperion Cloud version
• Experience with Hyperion Cloud migration is added advantage
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]