The GEA Way
At GE Appliances, a Haier company, we come together to make “good things, for life.” As the fastest-growing appliance company in the U.S., we’re powered by creators, thinkers and makers who believe that anything is possible and that there’s always a better way. We believe in the power of our people and in giving them the freedom to explore, discover and build good things, together.
The GEA Way philosophy, backed by three simple commitments defines the way we work, invent, create, do business, and serve our communities: we come together, we always look for a better way, and we create possibilities.
Interested in joining us on our journey?
We are looking to hire a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join the AME team responsible for providing manufacturing support New Product Introduction (NPI), Cost-Out and Plant Productivity projects. The AME shall develop, manage and execute capital equipment and high volume manufacturing process projects to meet required budget and launch schedules. The AME is a key liaison between NPI programs and the factory operations teams; ensuring plant priorities and objectives are clearly understood and considered. This includes providing input for design for manufacturability, applying lean principles to process designs and transferring process knowledge to the applicable factory personnel.
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
USA, Selmer, TN
How You'll Create Possibilities
- Coordinate and manage capital equipment procurement projects: Including specification development utilizing GEA & industry standards, supplier selection, early supplier engagement, technical reviews, factory layout development, installation and qualification of equipment. Ensure all tooling and equipment is reliable and robust and designed to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Own the program metrics as applicable to your assigned projects: capital equipment & tooling budgets, program schedule, reliability, quality and labor targets. Work with the program team to perform trade-off analysis
- Facilitate/lead the use of the Production Preparation Process (3P) and Lean manufacturing principles while developing manufacturing equipment and processes. Utilize cross-functional participation to ensure that the equipment and processes are compatible with the entire value stream. Efforts should include: right-sized equipment, workstation design, material presentation, standard work and single piece flow.
- Work with factory operations and Lean teams to understand the Value Stream and how your projects impact this. Ensure material flow, workstation set up, model mix, etc. are considered when workstations / equipment are designed.
- Utilize the 9-Step Process for tooling and equipment design; consult Critical Process leaders as applicable to ensure development of robust processes for part / product generation. Work with cross-functional team to develop Manufacturing Control Plans (MCP) and Manufacturing Control Instructions (MCI).
- Work with design team to ensure Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) is considered on part design.
- As a senior professional, participate in growing the AME organization’s capability. This includes mentoring, guiding and helping more junior team members as well as adding to the body of knowledge of the department (training, developing new manufacturing processes, supporting Hoshin objectives, etc.)
- Ensure all equipment executed in GEA factories comply with Industry and Governmental Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) standards.
- Utilize Human Organizational Performance (HOP) principles to ensure that all equipment / tooling / processes are implemented with the health and safety of the operators in mind.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure equipment & processes support business initiatives of Bill of Process (BoP), Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomic Design and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
What You'll Bring to Our Team
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent hands on experience in technical/manufacturing disciplines
- 5+ years of experience with procurement, testing, installation of manufacturing equipment and process improvement
- Experience with assembly line design, automation and customized fabrication equipment and manufacturing processes
- Experience with implementing Lean process improvement in a manufacturing operation
- Prior NPI program experience
- Six Sigma Certification
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Scheduler (or equivalent) and AutoCAD
At GE Appliances, creativity meets passion and conversations lead to exceptional outcomes and experiences. We respect and value the unique backgrounds and experiences that everyone brings to GE Appliances. We believe a diverse workplace, where everyone is included and people can be their true and authentic selves, fosters creativity and innovation. We know our differences are our greatest strength. The very best innovations across every function of a company come from diverse teams. Our commitment to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone is valued allows employees to perform at their best, every day. Diversity at GE Appliances helps us achieve zero distance to our owners, innovate smartly and connect to the communities and customers we serve. We encourage and support the ideas, aspirations, and the wellbeing of everyone - our employees and our communities
GE Appliances is a trust-based organization. It is important we offer our employees the flexibility they need to do their best work while balancing the needs of the business and individuals. When you join GEA, you will have the opportunity to work with your leader to create a flexible work arrangement that balances the needs of the individual, team, and organization.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]