Digital Technology Director, Advanced Analytics
IND, Bangalore, KA, India
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-5986
Hyderabad (SAL) IN
IND, Bangalore, KA
Job Posting Title
Digital Technology Director, Advanced Analytics
The Digital Technology (DT) Director of Advanced Analytics will unleash the power of GEA’s data assets and external data ecosystem enabling operational efficiencies and revenue growth by generating insights and informing decision making. This includes value creation leveraging mathematical and statistical algorithms, predictive and cognitive capabilities, thereby enabling all forms of business outcomes through analytics and analytics governance. The Director of Advanced Analytics will enable business transformation through the expansion of the enterprise analytics platform, strategic partnerships, the development of learning academies, and user adoption enablement.
What you will Do
- Develop strategy for fostering an analytics culture across the enterprise including developing self-service analytics capabilities.
- Build roadmap and execution plans consistent with the Multi-Generation Project Plan (MGPP), ensuring a robust architecture and technology stack to support the speed and agility needed for our digital transformation.
- Manage and enhance the enterprise data lake to enable single sources of the truth that can be leveraged by MicroEnterprise and Platform teams
- Design and build processes to ensure governance and accountability for the safety and security of data and analytics in the data lake and SAS platform, ensuring adherence to regulatory and legal compliance.
- Continuously monitor technologies and platforms for relevance, cost and performance.
- Introduce and implement new technologies as part of NTI to support growth.
- Design a robust learning and development growth plan for the team for continuous technical, behavioral and business acumen based skills enhancement. Provide regular feedback along with coaching to further develop competencies.
- Work closely with business and digital technology leadership to identify opportunities and drive them to conclusion though agile methodologies. Managing the teams and scrums for projects identified as part of goals, as well as ensuring efforts are captured during Proof-of-Concepts (POC’s).
- Motivate team to conduct full life cycle data analysis and exploration to identify advanced analytics opportunities.
- Drive operational excellence through improving or achieving metrics defined as part of organization KPI’s. Develop and enhance operational dashboards to monitor and measure KPI’s.
- Ensure digital products are released on time, on budget and with high quality.
- Lead team in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures.
- Identify the value of enterprise information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making.
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise's analytics platform for digital business.
- Drive governance of algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
- Utilize data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets and develop methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics.
- Innovate with and expand the organization's research and analytics offerings — emerging analytical approaches in areas of prediction/cognitive skills and technologies.
- Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive competitive advantage throughout the organization.
- Evolve and institutionalize behaviors for the appropriate use of information within changing security requirements, privacy needs, ethical values, societal expectations and cultural norms.
What you need to Succeed
Qualifications / Basic Requirements
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, computer science, data science, information science or related field, or equivalent work experience, with 10+ years of experience, include 2-3 years in the analytics domain.
- Good understanding of foundational statistics and its applications along with relevant algorithms used for data analysis.
- Good understanding of data science methodologies. Distinguish between descriptive, diagnostic, prescriptive and predictive capabilities and applicability.
- Good enterprise architecture knowledge is essential to the success of this role. Ability to understand big picture and sound technical background is a must.
- Thorough understanding of business processes covering multiple functional domains, including but not limited to finance, marketing, sales, service and supply chain.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business platform teams and microenterprises to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated leadership; proven track record of leading complex, multidisciplinary talent teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Proven data literacy — the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options.
Desired Characteristics / Desired Requirements
- Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the existing systems and technologies of the organizations.
- Works with technology stakeholders to identify and prioritize opportunities for innovation in the existing systems and technology.
- Lean Six Sigma / Six Sigma black belt or Master black belt
- Understanding of various tools around data ingestion, replications, quality and governance along with data science programming and visualization is essential.
- Basic or working knowledge of Informatica, HVR, Tableau, OBIA / OAC, Collibra or any other governance tool, IDQ or EDQ for data quality management
- Basic knowledge in programming languages such as Python and R.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social