This job posting is no longer active.
• Work closely with the Tech lead and manage all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
• Developing & Migrating other E-commerce sites on BigCommerce platform.
• Should be able to work on high- functioning e- commerce websites with customized modules.
• Integrating third party and platform supported apps in the sites.
• Optimizing page speed of BigCommerce Sites
• Knowledge of payment integration, shipping methods and taxes in BigCommerce platform.
• Building out custom BigCommerce themes and modifying pre-existing themes depending on the scope of the project.
• Working Experience on BigCommerce/eCommerce Platform along with exposure towards application development.
• knowledge of PSD layouts into pixel-perfect presentation layer HTML5/CSS3 templates
• Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques.
• Working with version control systems such as GIT / SVN
• Good ability in analyzing, fixing bugs and improving application performance.
• Professional level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework (handlebars, front matters etc)
• comfortable working with Storefront APIs and Stencil util-APIs
• Working knowledge of Shogun integration in BigCommerce platform.
• Experience in Java Script framework, AJAX/JQuery and integration using REST service.
• Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse and participate in code review practices to ensure secure and good quality of the deliverables
• A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
• A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to learn quickly
• Must be a self-starter be able to work with no/minimum supervision.
• Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities
• Working under tight deadlines
• Producing high-quality work with a strong focus on detail
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited university or college.
• Overall 5+ years IT experience and ~2 years of experience in BigCommerce/ any eCommerce website development.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
• Expert level knowledge of BigCommerce Stencil framework (handlebars, front matters etc) • Comfortability working with Storefront APIs and Stencil util-APIs
• Any eCommerce platform certification (preferred)
• AWS certification (preferred) Skills & Attributes:
• Strong communication and ability to operate in matrix environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
• Passion for identifying opportunities and driving change
• Focus on opportunities to automate processes through technology
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Critical thinking skills
• Adaptive to change
• Team player and strong Interpersonal skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.