Occupational Health Operations Director
Louisville, KY, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-8856
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Occupational Health Operations Director
GE Appliances is looking for a director and solutions leader for occupational medicine services across all US manufacturing plants. The Occupational Health Operations Director will manage occupational medicine programs/operations, including setting policy, planning, directing, standardizing, and evaluating the delivery of all related Occupational Health Services across GE Appliances manufacturing plants. This person will also collaborate with various departments including Environmental Health Services, Ergonomics, Early Intervention Programs, Safety, and other key stakeholders to assure the health and safety of GE Appliances’ employees.
What you will Do
- Direct all operational aspects of the Occupational Health program across all manufacturing sites, including direct and indirect supervision of all Occupational Health program staff.
- Collaborate with the Occupational Health Medical Director on all clinical aspects of the Occupational Health Program.
- Develop, refine, implement and maintain occupational health policies and procedures. Collaborate with the Occupational Health Medical Director and other partners on updates and improvements to procedures.
- Develop and manage processes and systems to accommodate plant and customer-specific protocols that can be implemented across multiple health centers and plant clinics to provide a consistent service to patients.
- Ensure appropriateness of EMR templates, visit types and length, scheduling and documentation to assist in the health center and plant clinics workflows to provide consistent and efficient patient care and meet needs for reporting.
- Oversee vendor management to ensure GE Appliances is utilizing quality vendors to support our occupational health services.
- Define and manage the standard supply and equipment lists approved for use in centers and plant clinics in coordination with the Occupational Health Medical Director.
- Standardize and manage EMR and other forms utilized in centers and plant clinics for efficiency and reporting purposes.
- Advise actuarial, data, and analytics teams on key metrics to measure and report to the Global Executive Medical Director and other leaders showing the value of the services offered.
- Collaborate with GE Appliances legal team to ensure compliance with occupational health standards of practice and state laws, the safeguarding of all employee confidential health information, and all compliance-related items and activities.
- Refine, implement and manage an Occupational Health Training program that can be scaled across the business in a cost-efficient manner to include, but not limited to drug screens, post-accident drug testing, hearing conservation program including audio metrics, respirator fit testing, hazmat, mobile equipment operator surveillance monitoring, etc.
- Ensure Occupational Health skills assessments are being met and documented properly.
- Collaborate with the business HIPAA and Privacy officers to ensure appropriate
- Travel - up to 25% travel will be required
What you need to Succeed
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and strategic thinking, and operational execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, develop, implement, and manage new and innovative programs and processes.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with human resources.
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all levels of management and teammates.
- Be proactive, creative, and innovative mindset that actively looks for improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and either an RN, APRN, or PA degree required. Equivalent work experience considered for education.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience in developing and managing Occupational Health Program in a matrixed, multi-site corporate or health system environment.
- Posses a strong foundation of knowledge of Occupational Medicine requirements and regulations including, but not limited to substance abuse testing, physical exams, illness and injury prevention and treatment, work placement program, medical surveillance, worker’s compensation, and associated reporting.
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality in all kinds of situations.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record systems.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social