User Interface Designer
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-8889
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
User Interface Designer
The User Interface Designer creates and executes product controls and connected experiences for users. They improve the ownership experience by working in collaboration with industrial design, engineering, product management, and consumer insights to define user interface strategies applicable to user-types, brands, individual products, or entire suites. The interfaces they create are desirable on the show room floor, easily to understand and improve the users experience through well thought-out, delightful design.
What you will Do
- Work in collaboration with industrial design, engineering, and product management to define user interface and strategies applicable to user-types, brands, individual products, or entire suites. Advocate cross functionally for useful, usable, and desirable user experiences and articulate user experience issues and concerns.
- Assist in user research and help translate discovered needs into viable, experience-enhancing interface opportunities through user scenarios, wireframes, task flows, mockups, and related materials.
- Working closely with Human Factors Engineering, design the UI architecture, interaction flow, and functional user interface prototypes, evolving designs through functional outlines, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and full visual compositions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage both internal and external resources for completing production artwork and control prototypes.
- Perform competitive design research.
- Working with UI team, develop next generation UI strategies in consideration of user context, multiple touch points, new technology and upcoming trends.
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic, Interaction, Human-Computer Interaction, User-Centered Design, Industrial Design or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in user interface design/industrial design.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of engineering requirements
- Skilled at creating a range of user experience design deliverables, including wireframes, flowcharts, style guides and prototypes.
- Proficiency with appropriate design (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Figma) and prototyping tools (Invision, Axure, Hype, Framer, HTML etc.) as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with latest IOS and Android UI guidelines and
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions.
- Experience designing user-friendly interactive solutions for web sites or applications, or consumer-facing products such as consumer electronics a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of user-centered design processes, techniques and tools.
- Experience designing and fabricating physical interactive prototypes with knowledge of 3D software and rapid prototyping tools.
- Team player; works well in team environment.
- Appropriate professional certifications desired.
- Actively involved with professional organizations.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social