Senior Business Analyst, Technology
Louisville, KY, United States
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-8921
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Senior Business Analyst, Technology
The Senior Business Analyst, Technology (P3) with Project Management focus will work with our Technology Engineering function and Business Partners across GEA. This diverse position will own and work closely with business/functional partners to gain and craft an in-depth understanding of strategy, process, service, roadmaps, and context in which the business operates. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for reviewing assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify/address operational, financial and technological risks as well as identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Responsibilities will include a wide range of activities from requirements lead or participate in projects, application ownership, and assisting our bigger DT (Digital Technology) team on company-wide initiatives to improve our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems enabling MBD/MBE/Digital Thread/Twin, Next Generation Technology Test labs, Legacy system replacements, and data processes for our global client base.
What you will Do
- Lead and liaison between functional business customers and DT team to develop and drive Digital solutions in our Technology labs and Engineering.
- Responsible for wide range of activities that includes driving Projects including Infrastructure updates for our applications, network and security changes/additions, and supporting Engineering applications; PLM (PTC Windchill), Creo Parametric, Thingworx Navigate, ProjectLink, Windchill Quality Solutions, and Office365 SharePoint sites.
- Application planning and forecasting (current year initiatives and long-term outlook), prioritize tasks by criticality, development time and resourcing needs, coordinating with developers and architects, customers, and leadership to plan and execute to milestones.
- Project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, strong relationship building skills & communication skills, facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of audiences with all members of the project spectrum.
- Scope, setting schedule, timelines, work with DT resource capacity, and driving quality of deliverables for our business projects.
- Drive root cause analysis and improvement opportunities for business disruptions with monitoring/controls.
- Partner with cross functional business teams, Technology Lab managers and DT teams to solve complex problems efficiently.
- Escalate issues to project members, business and DT leadership as needed.
- Build repeatable and reusable processes, be an advocate for automation and simplification, ensure operating mechanisms are in place to deliver system availability/reliability and resolution to incidents and problems.
- Advise & recommend team on all projects leading to high quality solutions for deliverables.
- Drive productivity, cost-out and defect reduction in all phases of work.
- Regularly update projects for executive dashboards with Atlassian Jira, ServiceNow, & Smartsheets for ticketing and project tracking as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to work with limited supervision and achieves targets; can drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Promote and drive efficiency for self & team, be a self-starter, and deliver projects with priority and on time and budget.
- Build/Develop required specs for database queries/procedure/packages would be an advantage.
- Development of visual functional & technical specs use cases and test cases.
- Troubleshoot/debug development issues including raising support tickets with 3rd parity vendors as needed.
- Be a role model for other younger team members by upholding self and team ownership & accountability, partnering with our customer base and leadership, and driving self and team to meet critical project timelines.
What you need to Succeed
- B.S. in Computer or Software Engineering, Software Development, Project Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ experience in PLM (product Lifecyle management) and CAD tools/processes, with leading development and customizations/configurations for tools such as; PTC Windchill PDMLink & workflow, and Thingworx Navigate Platform
- Experience with formal project management leveraging software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development)
- 5 + experience in business requirements gathering with excellent system and application troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Proven experience working on large scale projects, prioritization, and handling day-to-day requests from the business
- Proven experience in influencing data driven customers, leading peers and contractors, growth playbook and planning initiatives
- Proactive, responsible individual, able to set and meet project plans with minimum oversight
- Ability to influence and build consensus with other DT teams and leadership
- Experience with full end-to-end implementation of new applications, version upgrades, integrations, & migrations.
- Proven experience overseeing multiple solutions & designs in parallel, driving technical discussions effectively between leadership, architecture teams, customers, &/or vendors
- Able to be successful in working conditions of in office and factory type environments, including labs.
- Able to work with minimal guidance while providing guidance to others
- Be a self-starter demonstrating end-to-end ownership on multiple projects in parallel
- Able to excel in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team
- Excellent analytical and technical communication skills (oral and written); Strong influencing, interpersonal, and relationship management skills, proficient in English
- Self-motivated, a passion for software development with a will-to-win as a team attitude
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- Experience with data acquisition collectors, data loggers, (Ex: Agilent/Keysight Technologies DACs) and large scale data consolidations, or having an FIS related background
- Experience with working in Windows, Linux, IT Security, AWS storage, AWS IOT, & with AWS certifications
- Experience working with global software development team (US & India)
- Experience migrating to and developing for AWS storage environments and databases
- Experience with network security techniques, TLS, Authentication, Public Key Cryptography, Encryption, and Secure Firmware Updates
- Experience with network protocols HTTPS, JSON, XML, REST API’s, and exporting from Windchill feeding downstream systems
- At ease at excelling in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated project planning and leadership skills/experience
- Exposure to web/mobile platform design
- Six Sigma/Lean certified Black Belt or Green Belt
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social