Business Systems Analyst
Louisville, KY, United States
| Information Technology
| ID: REQ-8923
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Analyst converts business requirements into functional specifications to define product criteria. The role influences customers, product managers, and engineering teams in design decisions, technology choices, and timelines. This person exhibits an understanding of the domain and actively seeks an understanding of industry trends and potential impacts.
What you will Do
- Creates/updates domain functional knowledge, including configurations and testing for applications
- Conducts functional reviews
- Design optimization and simplification of business process(s) and application(s) across tracks
- Manage projects and communication regarding tasks
- Scoping of projects by doing primary business analysis in partnership with operations & functional SME
- Manage timelines driven by Business & IT resource capacity and needs
- Partner with functional / business project leader, IT support teams, and other team members to solve problems collaboratively
- Deliver/ Implementation of project objectives
- Organization of all project-related activities and resources, Project planning activities. Scheduling and Assigning of resources across project activities. Manage critical path
- Communication of project status to project team, stakeholders, and leadership
- Drive productivity and defect reduction in all phases of the project using Six Sigma and Lean practices
- Identify opportunities and manage improvement efforts to minimize timeline & cost while ensuring high quality
- Issue Management and resolution; Escalate issues to program and business leaders as needed, manage across inter-dependent programs.
- Employ a high level of rigor through IT processes
- Identify roadblocks or bottlenecks proactively to remove the obstacles for teams to move forward
- Prioritization of tasks across the team to ensure the focus is on critical items
- Bring cross-functional & technical problems to solve business problems
- Build domain depth in Sourcing and associated supply chain processes
- Be a change advocate leveraging depth in processes to drive simplification, standardization & disruption
- Research benchmarking of processes with competitors & best leverage of processes
- Provide subject-matter expertise on Oracle solutions
- Bring a 'APICS' mindset to supply chain processes & willing to challenge business leaders to think differently
- Prepare documentation leveraging swim lane, flow charts, data flow diagrams & other relevant tools
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university or college.
- 3 years of business analyst experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior project Leader experience or training in project management
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in Oracle procurement/sourcing modules
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social