LMR Medical Assistant
Louisville, KY, United States
| Human Resources
| ID: REQ-8934
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
LMR Medical Assistant
GE Appliances is currently recruiting for a LMR Medical Assistant for our Louisville, KY location.
What you will Do
- Assist in examination, treatment, and assistance of patients under direction of Physician, Advanced Practitioner and/or RN in compliance with state practice acts and regulations.
- Perform patient triage: obtain vital signs, such as: pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, vision, weight, and height, and record information in candidate/patient chart in an accurate, legal and appropriate manner.
- Application of splints, braces and wound dressings in correct manner.
- Performs all radiographic exams and is responsible for all film quality. Prepare maintenance requests.
- Maintains radiation safety per departmental policy.
- Keeps all x-ray equipment and supplies clean, maintained and stocked.
- Perform selected treatments, diagnostic procedures, chest x-rays, various extremity x-rays and routine duties.
- Perform EKG’s, venipunctures, pulmonary function testing, and other lab procedures/treatments with accuracy.
- Prepare treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Room/equipment/instrument set-up, cleaning, practice good infection control, order supplies and restock.
- Clean and sterilize rooms, equipment/instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operate electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Perform routine CLIA waived laboratory tests/collects specimens for routine laboratory tests.
- Perform urine drug screens and breath alcohol testing.
- Schedule appointments and referrals; make follow up phone calls to patients.
- Perform administrative tasks and provide front desk/reception assistance.
- Demonstrate ability to provide medical assistance in a timely, efficient manner to adapt to clinic patient flow.
- Functional within all databases used, primarily EMR-Cority, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Employee communication and engagement - regularly check Outlook emails, as well as organizational newsletters and memos, to learn, be informed, and respond when necessary.
- Comply with GE Appliances and Network policies regarding confidentiality. Maintain & safeguard confidentiality of employee health information and health records.
- Comply with all policies related to Emergency Procedures as defined in Policies and Procedures, Medical Standards. Know personal role in event of a disaster or emergency-situation.
- Ensure a high quality of occupational medical assistance and judgement that meets Quality Assurance standards.
- Conduct components of pre-employment and annual occupational medical surveillance exams.
- Participate in immunization and vaccination programs.
- Ensure that medical information of worker evaluations remain confidential, releasing it only when required by law or by overriding public health considerations, or to other physicians at the request of the worker.
- Participate in meetings as well as corporate and business level conference calls and e-Learning sessions.
- Participate in site-specific health and wellness programs as indicated.
- Respect/promote patient rights, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit friendly/helpful behaviors.
- Follow all OSHA and departmental policies; perform quality control, record data as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant Program (preferred)/Registered or Certified Medical Assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a community college
- Limited Radiographer Certification required (RT license may be considered)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Professional Certification required
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) required
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a medical facility (doctor’s office, long-term care facility, hospital) as a medical assistant
- 2 years of LMR and direct patient care experience preferred
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Computer skills: Office suite: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent customer service skills
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social