USA, Carolina, PR
Job Posting Title
Appliance Service Technician
Ask anyone at GE Appliances and they’ll tell you they work with some of the best people in the world – people who would excel anywhere, but who choose to work here. Why? Because they thrive on challenges. Because they take pride in our products. Because they relish the chance to work alongside other extraordinary people.
GE Appliances (GEA) is looking for a motivated Appliance Service Technician to conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances. At GE Appliances we put our people first and that includes you.
Here are some benefits on joining our team!
• Service van
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, etc.
• Specialized tools
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays (Up to 12 days)
• Uniforms and work boots
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
What you will Do
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs, including sealed system (high-side) in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances.
- Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to many repair locations as directed.
- Record all activities related to repairs, Complete invoices and close calls upon completion of the service call. routes, and other activities.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values.
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van.
- Operate van with unwavering attention utilizing methods from Defensive Driving and/or other safety programs.
- Promote and sell GE Appliances parts, accessories, including water filters, and other products.
- Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high quality service.
- Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
What you need to Succeed
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license, EPA, State Department and Technician college’s license.
- Have CFC Certification or be willing to get within a reasonable time. Applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i.e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, GC, Plumbing may be used to qualify.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Proven good communication skills
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Have verifiable, stable work history
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime.
- Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
- Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time in a service van.
- Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment.
- Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 58 lbs., carrying 32 lbs., and pushing/pulling 28 lbf. is required.
- Constantly sitting, bending, grasping, pinching, fine motor dexterity, driving a motor vehicle (forklift/service van).
- Frequently standing, walking, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at waist level, reaching at floor level, stooping, squatting, and pushing/pulling.
- Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee, crouching, kneeling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, and twisting.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.