USA, Baton Rouge, LA
Job Posting Title
Service Technician (Baton Rouge, LA)
GE Appliances is looking for an appliance Factory Service Technician (FST) to conduct in-home appliance repairs. The technician will be responsible for excellent consumer experience during after-sales in-home service. At GE Appliances we give the following benefits to our Technicians:
• Service van
• Specialized tools
• Uniforms and work boots
• Laptop computer and Smartphone
• Various incentive plans
• 401K and Tuition reimbursement
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays (Up to 12 days)
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, etc.
What you will Do
- Conduct appliance diagnosis and in-home repairs in consumer’s homes on GEA’s major appliances.
- Operate assigned service van through an assigned route to many repair locations.
- Record all activities related to repairs, routes, and other activities.
- Maintain high level of skill and proficiency in appliance repair.
- Attend all training, meetings, and other events as required.
- Wear uniform & maintain standards of personal grooming & appearance consistent with GEA values.
- Manage maintenance and stock inventory of assigned service van
- Operate van with unwavering attention utilizing methods from Smith Defensive Driving and/or other safety programs.
- Promote and sell GE Appliances service contracts, water filters, and other products
- Meet productivity and efficiency goals as established
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through the deliverance of high quality service
- Wear and/or use all appropriate company provided PPE safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and constant awareness for personal safety and safety of others
- Prompt and regular attendance
GEA is always reviewing its jobs to find ways to make them less physically demanding and/or to identify additional physical demands that should be evaluated to ensure applicants can perform essential job functions. From time to time, GEA implements new physical demands right after applicants began the hiring process. In these instances, GEA will apply the updated physical demands when making hiring decision. If necessary, GEA will require applicants to be retested to make an informed decision about their abilities to be employed in the position sought, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat of harm. GEA will employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What you need to Succeed
Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications.
- HS Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability/experience diagnosing and repairing major appliances
- Have and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Have CFC Certification or be willing to get within a reasonable time. Applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), i. e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, GC, Plumbing may be used to qualify.
- Proven good communication skills
- Self-directed and solid team player
- Have verifiable, stable work history
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and other service information.
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime.
- Successfully complete background check, physical, and drug screen.
- Ability to deescalate situations and rebuild customer confidence in our products
- Ability to use a wide range of hand tools, power tools, and vibratory tools
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodation, including, but not limited to:
O Ability to step up, into, and out of a van and sit for extended periods of time
O Ability to handle/work with parts/equipment which may be hot, cold, and/or wet
O Ability to use often powered hand tools and occasional use of vibratory tools/equipment
O Ability to handle and lift parts or materials min. of 77 lbs. lifting/carrying and 70 lb. pushing/pulling is required
O Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach at shoulder level, reach at waist level, bend, push/pull, grasp, pinch, and fine motor/manipulations skills.
O Occasional reaching overhead, reaching at knee and floor levels, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs/ladders, pivoting, twisting, neck flexion/extension/rotation, shoulder circumduction, and laying supine
2+years of appliance repair experience is preferred
Certification in appliance repair or AAS degree preferred
GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.
“If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and you need assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply, please send an e-mail to [email protected]”.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.