Maintenance - **SIGN ON BONUS**
Columbia, SC, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-8983
USA, Columbia, SC
Job Posting Title
Maintenance - **SIGN ON BONUS**
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
What you will Do
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency /unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Maintain electronic records on all maintenance and repairs to machines and facility.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
What you need to Succeed
- Mechanical aptitude- ability to understand basic mechanical concepts and relationships
- Knowledge of safe shop operation practices
- Positive work ethic and attitude; willingness to learn and meet expectations of the various maintenance assignments
- Dependability; demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to work flexible hours and be on call as needed for emergencies.
- Dependability, demonstrate and maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Basic Mechanical (120 hrs.), Welding and Robotics.
- The ability to be a good student and maintain a passing grade (preferably C average or greater) with Central Carolina Technical College (CCTEC) and any additional training which may qualify. Failure to pass required training could and/or would result in immediate disqualification.
- High School Diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Education and/or work experience requirements:
- Certified Journeyman with 2 or more years of experience in one of the following trades:
Electrical or Mechanical
- OR Associates Degree or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical field with at least 2 years of current hands-on working experience,
- OR Minimum of 4 years of experience working in industrial Maintenance trades
- Ability to operate motorized equipment including but not limited to scissor lift, boom lift, fork trucks, etc.
- Ability to use a wide range of powered, hand and vibratory tools/equipment
- Must be able to supply basic personal tools
- Experience working with 480V, 220V, 120V and low voltage DC electrical controls/systems
- Proficient in a trade listed above while able to perform at least two other complementary skills to a satisfactory degree
- Prior experience in troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Knowledge of robotics and programming
- Experience working with the following electrical diagrams: PLC logic, process flow diagrams, instrument flow diagrams and/or P&ID drawings
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social