USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
MAINTENANCE - MACHINIST: Up to $2000 Sign on Bonus!
GE Appliances, a Haier Company is experiencing significant growth, which is creating over 250 quality jobs in Decatur, AL. We have an immediate need for a Machinist. We offer competitive pay rates, a great work environment, comprehensive benefits, generous retirement plan, paid time off and for a limited time, you could receive a sign-on bonus when you join our team!
This position will be part of a maintenance team in a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position will work across several trades performing various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of shop equipment. Defined skills are electrical/electronic, welding, millwright, machinist, hydraulic and pneumatics
What you will Do
- Machining parts to meet print dimension and tolerances
- Preform trigonometry functions to complete parts.
- Installing/upgrading, and calibrating equipment.
- Tig, Mig and laser welding, and hand working parts (heat treat of materials).
- Maintaining/troubleshooting/repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical/mechanical equipment and pumps.
- Conduct preventive maintenance as required.
- Complete shop records and usage of reporting / tracking systems following established procedures.
- Work in a safe manner at all times being aware of potential hazards in the area and safeguarding those hazards.
- Adjust manufacturing equipment and testing of machinery for accuracy.
- Operation of motorized equipment in accordance of safety guidelines.
- Performing any other tasks assigned by the Manager.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates Degree in Machine Technology - Machinist or similar trade, or a journeyman certification with at least 3 years experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- And minimum of 1 year experience / working knowledge in skilled trade (welding, millwright, electrical, injection molding, hydraulics, pneumatics or HVAC).
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed drawings and prints.
- Mig and Tig welding required.
- SMAW stick welding
- Experience in the machinist trade with a strong mechanical background.
- Experience running mills, lathes and precision surface grinders.
- Plastic injection molding equipment experience, and progressive metal stamping and die piercing.
- Knowledge of valve gates and repair methods.
- Must be able to use a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be team oriented and work well with others.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed with the ability to change shifts, work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
- Must be capable of attaining annual medical clearance for respirator usage as well as medical clearance to all areas of the plant.
- While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to:
- Intermittently sit or stand with frequent walking.
- Occasionally lift or move component parts up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel parts - grasp, squeeze, pinch, manual dexterity.
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist or crawl.
- Talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, foam rooms and caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.