This job posting is no longer active.
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
MAINTENANCE - TOOL, DIE & MOLD TECHNICIAN
GE Appliances, a Haier Company is experiencing significant growth, which is creating over 250 quality jobs in Decatur, AL. We have an immediate need for a Tool, Die & Mold Technician. We offer competitive pay rates, established/non-rotating shifts, a great work environment, comprehensive benefits, generous retirement plan, paid time off and for a limited time, you could receive a sign-on bonus when you join our team!
This position will be part of a maintenance team in a high volume, fast-paced manufacturing environment. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, this position will work across several trades performing various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of Dies and Molds. Defined skills are machinist/tool and die/injection molding, electrical/electronic, welding, millwright, hydraulics, pneumatics, and HVAC.
What you will Do
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity.
- Installing/upgrading, and calibrating equipment.
- Tig, and Mig welding, and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials).
- Maintaining/troubleshooting/repairing hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical/mechanical equipment and pumps.
- Conduct preventive maintenance as required.
- Complete shop records and usage of reporting / tracking systems following established procedures.
- Work in a safe manner at all times being aware of potential hazards in the area and safeguarding those hazards.
- Adjust manufacturing equipment and testing of machinery for accuracy.
- Operation of motorized equipment in accordance of safety guidelines.
- Performing any other tasks assigned by the Manager.
What you need to Succeed
- Associates Degree in Machine Technology - Tool & Die or similar trade, or a journeyman certification with at least 3 years related experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-year experience / working knowledge in skilled trade (welding, millwright, electrical, injection molding, hydraulics, pneumatics and HVAC).
- Must be able to read and interpret detailed drawings and prints.
- Mig, Tig, and SMAW (stick) welding certification required or ability to obtain.
- Experience in the trade of tool and die mold repair with a strong mechanical background.
- Experience running mills, lathes and precision surface grinders.
- Plastic injection molding equipment experience, and progressive metal stamping and pierce die experience.
- Knowledge of valve gates and repair methods.
- Must be able to use a wide range of powered-hand tools (air/electric guns) and vibratory tools/equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be team oriented and work well with others.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed with the ability to change shifts, work overtime, holidays and weekends as required.
- Must be capable of attaining annual medical clearance for respirator usage as well as medical clearance to all areas of the plant.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a fork truck certification.
- While performing the duties of this job you may be asked to:
- Intermittently sit or stand with frequent walking.
- Occasionally lift or move component parts up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/pulling up to 35 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel parts - grasp, squeeze, pinch, manual dexterity.
- Reach with hands and arms, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist or crawl.
- Talk and hear, use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, foam rooms and caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
We Offer a comprehensive, competitive and flexible selection of benefits that encompass a wide range of employee services that are designed to support your physical and financial health and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Healthcare Benefits beginning first day of employment – Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company provided disability benefits
- Established/Non-Rotating Shifts
- Vacation/Paid time off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan with generous matching
- Company provided Life & Accidental Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement – after 1 year of employment
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.