Decatur, AL, United States
| Manufacturing (Group)
| ID: REQ-9017
USA, Decatur, AL
Job Posting Title
GE Appliances is an assembly, manufacturing and chemical plant under one roof. We are a family of 1400 people who build the world's best top mount/no frost refrigerators. The facililty is 16 acres under roof. The work floor is air conditioned and heated. We provide medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off, 401(k) plan, appliance discount program and much more. We also offer a generous tuition reimbursement for those who want to further their education.
What you will Do
Job specific duties:
Set-up, operate, perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot equipment malfuctions.
- Front line person assisting maintenance with machine repairs.
- Responsible for keeping the equipment running correctly and producing a quality part.
- Work around moving machines - robots, hydraulics, forklifts, tuggers etc.
- Transfer, operate and adjust production equipment.
- Use technology including PLCs, smart boards, TV screens, kiosks on the shop floor.
- Ability to rotate among jobs within department and know all aspects of production process.
- Fast-paced, group working enviroment.
What you need to Succeed
Completed one year of two year hands-on training in technical degree; industrial manufacturing maintenance or similar preferred, or:
- Equivalent experience working as set-up operator, maintenance or similar work may be considered.
- Must understand process and machinery
- Elementary understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics and print reading.
- Elementary understanding of electrical components and print reading.
- Elementary understanding of PLCs and able to read ladder logic.
- Understanding of common mechanic hand tools and their proper use.
- Understanding of conventional measurments and metric measurement systems.
- Understanding of LOTO and the proper PPE.
- You must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- You will be expected to grow you knowledge and skill set of the above disciplines during this assignment.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social