This job posting is no longer active.
• Lead small-medium scale cloud enablement initiatives focusing on eliminating legacy services and reducing technical debt.
• Build, develop and maintain IT/Application infrastructure, re-usable components in the cloud to support scalability and high availability.
• Provide operational support for the critical application platform services if required.
• Automate delivery/deployment of applications for continuous release of software into cloud.
• Collaborate with experts across the team to build cloud native robust, scalable & secure design solutions for go-forward applications in a multi-cloud environment.
• Serve as a cross-platform data center architect and troubleshoot HP/UCS compute, SAN, LAN, and virtualized networking assets.
• Bachelor's Degree of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5 years of overall experience in Information Technology.
• Experience architecting compute environments including Windows and Linux servers.
• 1-year hands-on experience developing solutions in AWS Cloud.
• Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages (Java/Ruby/Perl/Python/NodeJS) relational databases, Unix and knowledge of security protocols & permissions.
• Expertise on 3-tier Unix environments; Web servers, Java and Application Servers.
• Experience working with AWS compute, storage/database services, and Cloud Formation.
• Knowledge of HP’s Data Protector, Data Domain, Microsoft Windows Server Platform, Oracle and Red Hat Linux, VMware VSphere, and VMware Horizon.
• Familiar with automation tools, such as Puppet, Ruby, Rabbit MQ, Jenkins, UCS Director, Powershell and Github.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, quick learner, searches for innovative solutions.
• Working knowledge of modern development tools and practices such as Github and Jenkins.
• Self-motivated individual who is well-organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• 7 years of overall experience in Information Technology
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.