Senior Packaging Engineer
LaFayette, GA, United States
| ID: REQ-9049
USA, LaFayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Senior Packaging Engineer
The Senior Packaging Engineer designs, tests, and implements packaging designs that are an integral part of the Cooking Product Development process. This individual develops, designs, and tests standards and guidelines for developing packaging solutions for the Cooking products. They work with internal resources and packaging suppliers to achieve functional packaging goals. They also review and improve existing packaging designs.
What you will Do
- Manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototypes, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
- Participate in New Product Introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
- Identify and implement cost saving related to packaging materials, labor, transportation, and storage.
- Work closely with Sourcing to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs.
- Ensure packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability.
- Develop and implement test plans to ensure that packaging meets all requirements.
- This role is located in LaFayette, GA.
What you need to Succeed
- BS in Mechanical or Packaging Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in industrial or consumer packaging.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc)
- Experience in appliance industry
- Demonstrated project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Strong initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with global design teams.
- Lean, Six Sigma and Design For Manufacturing knowledge
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social