Principal Systems Specialist - Materials
Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9053
USA, Louisville, KY
USA, La Fayette, GA
Job Posting Title
Principal Systems Specialist - Materials
As a Principal Systems Specialist - Materials, you'll be a member of the Central Materials team. Central Materials is responsible for implementing logistics and material flow systems for GE Appliances manufacturing and inbound warehouses.
You'll combine knowledge of material flow process and that of system capability. The focus will be in supporting new systems that support the supply chain from the supplier to line side as well as supporting the Central Materials team in developing processes and systems that provide creative solutions to warehouse, inventory and material flow.
What you will Do
- Support the Central Materials team in developing and integrating material systems that drive replenishment and optimize inventory
- Advocate for new systems and technologies including robotic material replenishment and drones for inventory control
- Select and integrate a warehouse management system and continually research new technology solutions to improve the supply chain
- Support the design and implementation of a new material replenishment systems
- Understand Oracle and utilization of tools to support plant initiatives
- Work with DT (digital technology) to ensure solutions are delivered on time
- Ability to develop, launch and validate projects at multiple sites simultaneously
- Work with large and small system suppliers to select an optimal solution
- Knowledge of multiple systems, WMS, TMS, Inventory & Material Management
Cross-functional Work and Leadership:
- Work with factory operations and DT to launch new system initiatives
- Develop a solid working relationship with Material Management leadership at all facilities supported
- Work cross functionally to eliminate waste in the supply chain including the integration of material automation with manufacturing processes.
- Deliver guidance, and training for cross-functional team members regarding systems
- Understand constraints related to integration of new systems
What you need to Succeed
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 7+ years' hands on experience with manufacturing, logistics or supply chain including experience in systems
- Previous experience with system launches at greenfield or brownfield sites
- Demonstrated experience with material replenishment systems
- Solid computer knowledge including ERP systems (Oracle preferred), Electronic Kanban, Access, and MS Office
- Understanding of both systems and material management
- Knowledge of Oracle, WMS and material replenishment systems
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required
- Ability to work in large cross-functional teams and at multiple levels in the organization (both salaried and shop floor operators / skilled trades team members)
- Good oral and written communication skills – will be expected to provide status to cross-functional teams and train other engineers
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of cross-functional program deliverables and ability to drive conclusions based on the overall benefit to the company
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Very creative talent with a proven ability to look past what is currently done and develop a practical, implementable vision for future with a solid history of executing to vision
- Solid Oracle and WMS knowledge
- 50% travel may be for domestic and/or international travel to supplier sites/ plants, etc.
- Ability to work remote near one of our plants in Louisville, KY or LaFayette, GA.
- Working conditions are normal for a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds and working in and around heavy equipment.
- Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- These roles will require frequent walking in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Hours & Weekends: Working off-shift and weekends will be required.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social