Louisville, KY, United States
| ID: REQ-9055
USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Are you looking to work in a collaborative environment that drives growth and innovation? Join the GE Appliances Smart Home Solutions team and help develop iOS applications for mobile devices and next generation of high end, consumer friendly, appliances. The iOS Developer will contribute to an international team of developers working in an Agile development environment to define and develop feature rich applications for smart products.
What you will Do
What we do:
- Design and develop advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Develop and maintain software for iOS applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work in a cross-functional team to architect full end-to-end smart appliance solutions
- Develop detailed design and test specifications.
- Ensure Software Development Process is followed and appropriate documentation produced
- Work closely with platform leaders, product line design teams, industrial designers, and web teams to define new feature rich applications.
Why you want to join us:
- We are applying the latest techniques in software development such as Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, and Testing Automation to embedded software.
- Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- Participate in next generation features, system architecture definition, and end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release.
- MacBook Pros are available to our developers and the vast majority choose to use a Mac.
What you need to Succeed
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years iOS Application Development
- Proficient in Swift and knowledge in Objective-C
- Knowledge of Apple Operating Systems fundamentals
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools; git
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Knowledgeable of theory and use of Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of responsive app design principles
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries
- Strong project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Experience working with global software development team
- Experience using simulators and software analysis tools
- Experience with Automation Testing
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect with Us on Social