USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Principal Electronics Engineer - Cooking Products
The Electronics Engineer will lead the development of the electronic controls for the next generation of Cooking products. With the many features offered in these new platforms, this role will be challenged with finding innovative solutions to meet the product requirements, reliability, and design for manufacturability. This role is responsible for development efforts from concept design, prototype design & development, reliability testing, and transition to production.
What you will Do
Develop electronic controls for the next generation cooking products
Develop and maintain the electronics project schedule, evaluation/test plan, electronics build plan, and Electronics Parts tracker including cost data.
Develop and maintain comprehensive hardware requirement specifications for the controls
Develop schematics and PCB layouts in compliance with the specifications
Use Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement the new designs
Complete reliability qualification & growth testing on the controls
Verify design robustness by completing EMI product level testing
Complete certification of the controls in collaboration with a third party agency, as necessary
Coordinate control fabrication and qualification with the selected contract manufacturer
Provides technical leadership for the team, will be actively engaged in design architecture decisions and hardware sub-team design reviews.
Able to use experience/technical strength to methodically investigate FRACAS issues and lead other team members to proper investigation techniques.
What you need to Succeed
- BS or better in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of electronics design or other relevant experience.
- Proven analog and digital hardware design capability.
- Demonstrated project planning and project leadership skills and experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-Starter. Data driven decision maker
- Strong understanding of EMI design practices and how to solve the root of EMI problems with good layout and upfront design.
- Experience in working with global design teams.
- Experience using Six Sigma and reliability engineering methodology to prove and implement electronic control designs.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.